Chapter 25

Kimiko's P. O. V:

Once Naruto wakes up, he gazes around until he suddenly gets down on his stomach.

"Everybody, hide! Quick, get down! That ninja, where could she be hiding?" Naruto gazes around fearfully.

"Naruto?" Sakura utters, she and Sasuke turning their heads to us.

I sweat drop when Choji pokes the back of Naruto's head with a stick. Shikamaru drawls, hands on his hips, "You really are one of a kind, that's for sure. And I mean, you're the kind that gets on my nerves." Choji hums in agreement as Naruto groans, eyes angry white anime triangles.

Naruto suddenly spots Sakura, sitting by Sasuke.

"Oh, no! Sakura!" Naruto cries, getting to his feet and rubbing up to her as Sakura and Sasuke turn their heads.

"What?!"

"Sakura, Sakura! Something happened to your—I mean... something serious happened to your hair!" Naruto screeches as he slides forward on his knees.

"Oh," Sakura utters in realisation, fiddling with her now shoulder length hair. "That's all. I just wanted to... change my look. I like it better long, but when I'm out in the wilderness like this and I'm moving around all the time, it gets in the way too much."

Naruto hums thoughtfully as Choji, Shikamaru, and I go up to them.

Naruto asks the boys, "So what's your story? Why are you guys here in the first place? What's going on around here?"

They both sigh in annoyance. Shikamaru groans, "Explaining everything to you is going to be such a pain."

Sakura states, "Everyone just showed up to help."

"What?"

I turn my head when Tenten suddenly appears before Ino, Lee slung over her shoulders. "I'll take care of him now, Ino."

"Ok."

Tenten takes her unconscious teammate and I give a large sweat drop when she suddenly starts shaking Lee roughly, yelling, "Come on, Lee! Pull it together! Snap out of it already alright?!"

Lee groans as he drops to his knees and blinks his right eye open, the other closed, "Tenten, is that you...? What are you doing here?"

Tenten crouches before him as his other eye partially opens and she replies, "I came to help you out. What do you think?"

"Wha...? Where are those Sound ninja guys?" Lee questions, gazing around.

Tenten tells him, "Sasuke took care of them. Don't worry about it."

"Really?" Lee gazes to Sasuke.

"Just what were you thinking, rushing in there all by yourself? Look at you; you're a total mess!"

"Well, Kimi-chan and Sakura were in trouble, so... I had to do something right?"

Tenten chides, "That was pretty darn stupid, don't you think?"

Lee says dejectedly as he wraps his arms around his knees, "Well, I guess I cannot really argue with that."

"Aha! I know you, Bushy Brow!" Naruto exclaims, having gone up to Lee and point to him.

With an angry purple aura around my body and my eyes angry white triangles, I shout as I punch Naruto flat on his back, "HEY!! YOU'D BETTER NOT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT LEE!!" After I finish scolding the Uzumaki, I turn to Lee, a soft smile on my face.