Chapter 26

Kimiko's P. O. V:

We were all surprised to see it none other than Iruka Sensei from our ninja academy days.

I say in surprise, "Iruka Sensei?!"

"It looks like you've gone through a lot in this test." The brunette man smiles at us.

Naruto wants to know, "Hey! What's the deal with the surprise entrance?! Why are you appearing with the Summoning?"

Iruka explains, "At the end of the second exam, we Chunin are supposed to welcome the test takers back, and well, it was just good luck that I got to be the one given the important task of being the messenger for you guys."

"Messenger...?" Sakura repeats, to my annoyance. Does she really feel the need to repeat what a Sensei says?

"You do know what that means, right, Sakura?" I ask with a deadpan expression.

She glares at me from beside her. "Of course I know what it means, Kimiko!"

"It's good to see you, too, Kimiko. I see you've changed a lot," Iruka says, gaining our attention.

"Oh. I..."

"Yeah, yeah! Kimi-chan's been awesome! A little scary, but awesome!" Naruto says, pointing at me.

I grow an anime vein as I demand, "What do you mean, I'm scary?! I'm
Not scary!"

"You are now. Kinda," Sasuke feels the need to input. I scowl at him.

"Kimiko has saved our lives countless times, Iruka Sensei," Says Sakura, now smiling at me. "She's no longer the girl you used to know."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I question harshly.

Iruka smiles. "I'm glad to hear that. I do hope that none of you have bothered Kimiko too much."

"Of course not," Chimes Sakura.

Iruka, watching our interaction, pulls out a pocket watch to check the time. "Whoo! And you guys made it just in time, too." He flips it closed before tucking it back in his pocket. "And now... congratulations! You've passed the second exam! To celebrate your passing, I would love to treat you all to some Ichiraku Ramen, but, um..."

"Ramen?! Seriously?! That's so cool!!" Naruto cheers, running over and hugging Iruka.

"I'm not done!" Iruka snaps.

"So cool!"

"Let go!"

"Believe it!"

"Naruto!" Iruka urges as he finally releases the Chunin.

"Oh, yeah! Ramen would be awesome!" Naruto cheers loudly, giving me a bit of a headache. "Especially agreed the bugs and plants we'd had to eat for the past two days! I'm gonna eat every noodle ever made!"

Sasuke and Sakura slump on the floor, exhausted, but I remain standing, planting a hand on my hip.

"Oh, man..."

"Where does he get all his energy...?"

"Yeah!" Naruto cheers loudly, making my left eye twitch.

"Naruto, shut up!" I snap, instantly silencing him. I ignore the grateful looks from Sakura and Sasuke, as well as the surprised one from Iruka.

"Alright. Well, I can see you're still as hyperactive as ever, Naruto," Says Iruka.

Sasuke says, now understanding, "Now I see. So then if we'd looked at the scrolls in the middle of the exam... what would you have done to us, Iruka Sensei?"