Chapter 8

Kimiko's P. O. V:

"Now, it's your turn!" The Mist ninja on the left chuckles as they charge in my direction.

Before anyone has time to react, I whip out my left fan and thrust it up, using it to block the Mist ninja's claws hand, emitting a clang.

I whip out my second fan as I pull back and flick both open. Flowing chakra into my fans, I give a mighty swing as I spin around and a powerful gust of air bursts from the fans. The Mist ninja cry out as they're eventually blown backwards by the wind.

They eventually come to a crashing stop in some trees as I straighten my stance, fanning myself with my left fan, feeling my teammates gaping at me.

I say sarcastically, noticing their expressions, "Well, it seems as though I'm not so lazy, after all!"

"Wh-Whoa! That was incredible! Kimiko barely budged from her spot. Though, I don't get why you're fanning yourself at a moment like this, Kimiko," Sakura states, sweat dropping on her forehead.

I reply to her while I hood my eyes, "Because fending off two Mist ninja is such hard work! Though I barely built up a sweat."

Naruto gushes, "That was awesome, Kimi-chan!"

Sakura and Sasuke deadpan as the pinkette at me.

"Ugh! You damned brat!" The second ninja growls as they climb to their feet. They charge at me and my eyes dart between the two as I examine them, my posture relaxed.

"Their claws... they have poison on them! One scratch, and we'll be done for...! It's just our bad luck they got to Kakashi first," I think in annoyance, frowning.

The Mist ninja run at Naruto and I again, and I tilt my head back to narrow my eyes up at them, prepared to make a counterattack.

However, just as their chains shoot for me and Naruto, Sasuke leaps up behind the Mist ninja, bangs swaying about his face. Sasuke whips out a kunai and shuriken and throws the shuriken at the chains, embedding them into the tree beside us, startling the Mist ninja. Sasuke then throws his kunai and it strikes the center of the shuriken, in the hole.

The Mist ninja tug at the chains in an attempt to get free, but they couldn't. The chains were stuck fast. Sasuke lands on their arms, back to me and Naruto, and grips the arm of the ninja on his right before launching his feet backwards and kicking them in the faces.

This causes the ninja to break off from their chains and they dash around in a wide berth; one heads for Naruto and the other for Tazuna, who is currently being protected by Sakura

"Stay behind me!" Sakura exclaims, kunai in hand as the second Mist ninja looms before her, clawed hand stretching right for Sakura like he's going to tear right through.

Sasuke was suddenly right in front of Sakura already, prepared to attack.

I look back to my enemy only to see he's gone. I back to the second Mist ninja who's about to kill Sasuke, Sakura and Tazuna, when suddenly, there's a flash of silver and green, and an arm wraps taut around the advancing ninja's throat, making him gag.