Chapter 50

Kimiko's clan symbol is of a full circle, and it's on her right hip.

Kimiko's P. O. V:

The day following the Hokage ceremony, I stand in Tsunade's office with all the Genin teams and their Sensei's. Shizune stands beside her mistress.

"So, what's the big idea? Why are we all summoned here?" Naruto asks, squinting his eyes curiously.

Tsunade speaks up, "I summoned you all here because Kimiko has something she needs to tell you—about her past. I want you all to listen and not freak out until then end, understand?" Everyone agrees and the caramel eyed woman nods for me to go ahead, as I stand beside her desk.

I take a deep breath before I begin. "You all know about my clan massacre, right?"

"Well, yeah, but Kabuto said no one knows how it happened," Says Shikamaru.

"I do," I say. "It was him and Orochimaru who massacred my clan." Everyone's eyes widen at this. "Then they took me prisoner. Kabuto was the one who killed my younger twin, Touka."

"They took you? B-But why?" Kiba demands, anger lacing his tone.

"Because of my Kekkei Genkai, the Tengan. You know it has the ability to copy other Kekkei Genkai, as it was derived from the Uchiha clan's Sharingan. Orochimaru's desired its power and sought to make me his future vessel by forcing me to train and kill for him, as well as do other unspeakable things. Kabuto helped out with the experiments, cutting into me and forcing me to air drugs. It was how I'd gained Darkness Release and my unnatural speed. There were jus so many times my body wanted to give out, but Orochimaru wouldn't let me. He'd relentlessly experimented on me since the day he'd captured me."

"Oh, Kimiko..." Hinata says, white eyes wavering as she holds her curled hand to her face.

"How did you escape?" Kurenai wants to know.

"I was on a mission by myself, so I took the opportunity to walk away," I answer. "Orochimaru doesn't exactly scare me, but there are times when I do get scared by him, and I was afraid of facing him in the Forest of Death. But I had to in order to protect you guys." I glance at Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura, who are staring at me with widened eyes. "I understand if you guys hate me for what I am... I just thought you should all know the truth."

I hang my head as my bangs veil my eyes.

"Kimiko... I had no idea," Says Sakura, no doubt remembering the fight in the Forest of Death. Tears were now dripping down my face. "You faced the man who did all this to you... just to protect us?"

"I can't imagine how you must've felt," Ino adds, no doubt also imagining it as tears well up in hers and Hinata's eyes.

Suddenly, I was glomped by an orange glob and look up to see it's Naruto, hugging me while bawling his eyes out, snot dripping from his nose. "I'm so sorry, Kimi-chaaann! Now I understand why you hate Kabuto, and I'm sorry you had to go through all that! But you're still my friend and nothing will ever change that!"

I pat Naruto's back awkwardly as I hug him back. I meet Kakashi'sgaze over him and Kakashi sends me a closed eye smile.

"Thanks, Naruto. That means a lot."

"Naruto, move it! You're not the only one who wants hug Kimiko!" Sakura says impatiently. She hauls the blonde back as she, Ino and Hinata glomp me at once.

My eyes bug in their sockets at this and I feel Tsunade and Shizune smiling at me.

"Err, question," Says Asuma. "Is the reason for your mischievous and mean demeanour because of the time you spent with Orochimaru?"