Chapter 44

Kimiko's P. O. V:

I stand in my bedroom as I finish getting ready for the funeral. Many lives were lost in the battle against the Sand and Sound ninja.

Along with the Hokage's.

I haven't known him for very long, unlike my friends, but I'm grateful to everything he's done for me. He took me in and accepted me despite my personality.

I could never hope to repay his kindness now.

It's been a few days since then and my wounds have completely healed, as well as my broken left arm. While I was forced to recover in the hospital, though I did try to escape many times much to the doctor's frustration, Naruto and my other teammates have visited me.

When Sasuke didn't visit me one day Naruto told me Sasuke was the one who caught me from falling after the sand claw was destroyed when Naruto defeated Gaara in battle.

I've already thanked Naruto. I have yet to thank the Uchiha.

I wear a long sleeved black shirt and pencil skirt with black flats and my wolf locket around my neck, my blonde hair left unbound.

I take one last look in my floor length mirror before I tie my headband around my left arm for the time being and slowly exit my bedroom.

I step out of the house to meet up with my teammates.

You could feel the dreariness in the air, a dark cloud hovering above us as I go to meet up with Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. We were waiting for the Uchiha when he comes into view, hands in his pockets.

 We were waiting for the Uchiha when he comes into view, hands in his pockets

Without a word, Sasuke continues past us before halting. A chill wind blows across the street. Still not saying anything, Sasuke walks forward and the rest of us hurry to catch up to him.

The funeral was to take place atop the Hokage tower. We were all with our teams, with me next to Kiba; the ninja are on the roof, with ANBU and civilians below. Before us is a long table decorated with pictures of those who've died in the battle, along with all four Kage.

The two village elders, Koharu Utatane and Homura Mitokado, stand in front of it. They were both really old with gray hair. Suddenly, it starts to rain, as though the sky itself is crying.

Kurenai murmurs, "It's raining."

"Even the heavens weep," Says Asuma.

Koharu speaks up. "We are gathered here to remember and honour not only the Third Hokage, but all those who have sacrificed themselves in this battle, so that our village would survive."

After that, people start going up to place white roses on the table. I hear Konohamaru sobbing uncontrollably between Naruto and Iruka Sensei.

 I hear Konohamaru sobbing uncontrollably between Naruto and Iruka Sensei