Chapter 28

Third Person's P. O. V:

Everyone was silent as Ren drops the Genjutsu and Kimiko is revealed to be lying on her stomach, body twitching in pain, but still alive.

"Oh, no," Gasps Sakura and Hinata as their eyes widen and they have their hands to their mouths in shock.

"I... I don't believe it. Kimiko is... defeated?" Sasuke stammers with his onyx eyes wide.

"Looks like even Kimiko isn't tough enough to withstand that powerful Genjutsu," Shikamaru states as Kiba scowls at him, hands clenched into fists.

Neji closes his eyes as he deactivates his Byakugan.

"N-Neji?" Lee stutters, glancing to the brown haired teen questioningly,

"I'm afraid it's over for her, Lee," He says. Lee gazes back down at the blonde with a disappointed frown.

"Kimiko..." Sakura murmurs, gazing at the violet eyed girl a moment longer before switching her worried gaze to Naruto. Sakura blinks her green eyes a few times when she sees he's trembling, fists clenched at his sides, teeth gritted. "It's too bad Kimiko lost, Naruto..."

He doesn't say anything as Ren turns to Hayate, a cocky smirk on her lips.

"Call the match, Proctor. It's clear I'm the wonder, here."

Hayate switches his gaze from the unconscious Sumire to Ren, letting out a sigh. He holds out his hand to her as he says, "The winner of the first match is—"

"NO! DON'T CALL THE MATCH YET!" Naruto screams, banging his fists on the railing and gaining everyone's attention in the room. "IT'S NOT OVER!"

"Naruto! Would you stop it?!" Sakura snaps. She's glaring at him until she sees a grin playing at the Uzumaki's lips.

"COME ON, KIMIKO! I KNOW YOU'RE LAZY AND ALL, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN JUST SIT BACK AND TAKE A NAP! WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE FAKING IT, SO GET UP AND SEND THAT REN GIRL PACKING ALREADY!"

All the Leaf ninja were confused or stunned as they gape at Naruto.

"Huh?! You mean to say Kimiko is faking being unconscious right now?!!" Sakura screams, flailing her arms about. The grin never wavers from Naruto's lips as he turns to her.

Sakura turns her gaping form to the blonde in the arena. Ren scowls up at Naruto.

"Shut your trap, blondie! I've won this match! There's no way your friend could've—"

"Awe, man! And here I was hoping I could get out of doing more work, but nooo, my hyperactive teammate just had to open his big mouth!" Everyone gasps as they take in the sight of Kimiko standing right behind Ren, her bangs hiding her eyes, causing Ren to freeze in place. Ren's green eyes were wide with disbelief as she slowly, very slowly, turns her head to look behind her.

Ren gasps sharply when she sees Kimiko is unharmed, saved for the stab wound in her leg from before.

"B-But how?! Hellfire Dance is my most powerful Genjutsu! No one's ever been able to survive it before!" She exclaims in shock as she whirls to Kimiko.

"That's because I used this!" Kimiko raises her head finally to reveal her eyes are the crimson red of the Sharingan with three tomoe in them. Another gasp is heard across the room. Kimiko had also made sure to copy Ren's Genjutsu.

"Wait—isn't that—?!" Sakura exclaims, whipping her head to Sasuke who was just as stunned as she was.

"The Sharingan. But how is that possible?" Sasuke murmurs, clutching the railing so hard his knuckles are white.