Chapter 65

Kimiko's P. O. V:

I stare in astonishment as I watch the top half of the man's sword clatter to the floor. My saviour rams the hilt of his sword into the big guy's gut, knocking him out cold.

The blue haired man sheathes his sword and it was then I notice the scars on his face. I wonder how he got those...

He takes out a wanted flyer as he proclaims, "One Michizo Monika. Reward if captured." The swordsman places it on the counter. "The credit goes to you, barkeep. You can take the milk money out of his bounty. Buy yourself a new table while you're at it. Feel free to keep the change."

I think curiously, "He's a bounty hunter...? Is that other guy one, too?"

Kiba says as he starts to leave, tone filled with astonishment, "That guy's strong!"

I say with equal astonishment, my arms crossed as Scar turns around, "Not to mention, an excellent swordsman. Colour me impressed."

The swordsman pauses by the poncho wearing man is spotted earlier and says, "I'm sorry, was he yours? My apologies." He chuckles lightly before continuing out of the tavern."

Naruto and the rest of us follow after him, the blonde calling, "Hey! Wait up!!"

"Something you want, young man?" The blue haired man asks as he pauses to turn to Naruto. "That was awesome!! What's your name, old guy?"

He looks slightly exasperated by Naruto's nickname. The swordsman introduces, "The name is Sazanami—I'm a bounty hunter."

Now I'm really intrigued, even though I've met some in the past!

Sazanami resumes walking again. Naruto says with shining eyes, "That is so cool!!" He jogs to fall into step beside the blue haired man. "Old guy! That one thing you did back there earlier was totally amazing!"

"That business with the sword, you mean?"

"You drew your sword on old Kewball-san so fast, I couldn't even see it!! Kimi-chan is almost as fast as you with a sword!" Naruto says excitedly.

Sazanami peers back at me curiously. I say with a smirk, "I'm a Jounin. So I already know a lot about you bounty hunters. I've even met a few of your kind in the past before I came to the Hidden Leaf."

"Oh, really? You are quite strong. I now recognise you as The Lightning Empress."

"Oh? So you've heard of me?" I say with a raised eyebrow.

He smirks. "A rumour, now and again, Lightning Empress."

Hinata says, "It was really surprising."

Kiba says with his eyes closed, "When someone says "in the blink of an eye," I betcha that's the kind of thing they're talking about."

Sazanami states, "When you're a bounty hunter, you stare death in the face everyday. I could have more lives than a cat, but it wouldn't help any if I can't draw faster than the guy in front of me."

Naruto asks enthusiastically, "Oh, shucks howdy! Well, what do you bounty Hunter guys do?"

I say before Sazanami could, "It's simple. Sometimes people put out a reward for the bad guys who are too tough to catch for free. Bounty hunters round up those bad guys and earn the reward, or "bounty." It's the same thing."

"....Hmmm..." Naruto hums thoughtfully before turning back to Sazanami. "I get it. Then this guy has a bounty on his head, too, right?" Naruto hoods up the picture of our thief. "A really big one!"

This causes Sazanami to gasp as he swivels his head to look at the photo. "That's a picture of..."

"But how come they put so much money on this guy's head, if he's nothing but your everyday crook?" Naruto asks in puzzlement.