Chapter 20

Kimiko's P. O. V:

"First! You candidates from the Village Hidden in the Sound! Knock it off! Who told you you could fight?" Ibiki thunders, pointing at the three Genin. "Do you wanna be failed before we've even begun?!"

"Sorry. It's our first time," Says hunchback. "Guess we're a little jumpy... Sir."

Ibiki smirks. He says, "I'll say this once, so listen up! There will be no combat between candidates, no attacking each other without the permission of your Proctor. And, even then, the use of fatal force is strictly prohibited! Anyone who even thinks of messing with me will be disqualified immediately, got it?"

The dark haired male Sound nin scoffs, "Heh! "No fatal force?" That's n fun."

The Chunin with Ibiki chuckle.

Ibiki continues, "Now, if we're ready, we'll proceed to the first stage of the Chunin Exams. Hand over your paperwork. In return, you'll each be given a number." Ibiki holds up a card with the number 1 to show us. "This number determines where you will sit. We'll start the Written Test once you're all seated."

"The what...?" Naruto trails off, still crouching by Kabuto. "Did he say... "Written...?!" Sakura, Kabuto and I glance at him as a dark haired Chunin holds up a stack of papers, causing them to crinkle. Even the sound alone was enough to make Naruto cry out in fear. "NOOO!! NOT A WRITTEN TEST! NO WAY!!"

                       🗡🗡🗡

After we got our numbers, we each take our seats. The Chunin sentinels are seated around the room, each with a clipboard in hand. It just so happens that I got to sit next to Kabuto, with me being number 55.

 It just so happens that I got to sit next to Kabuto, with me being number 55

I feel the silverette staring at me and glance at him. I give him a narrowed eyed glare to which he returns with a smile. My face turns into a flat expression that makes him sweat drop a little before I turn my head away.

Of all the people... why the hell did I end up next to Four Eyes?!!

I spot Sakura two rows down from me with Sasuke another row down, towards the left. Naruto is sitting a couple more rows closer to the front with Hinata. I blink my eyes when I notice Naruto is hanging his head while clutching it and trembling.

I didn't think he'd be this fearful of written tests right now...

I watch as Hinata says something to Naruto and gives him a smile, which seems to calm him down somewhat.

"Everyone, eyes front," Ibiki says as he taps a white chalk to the blackboard. "There are a few rules you need to be aware of. And I won't answer any questions, so you'd better pay attention the first time around!" He taps the chalk a couple of times for emphasis.

Ibiki explains as he begins writing on the blackboard, "Alright. Rule number 1 is this: the written part of the exam is conducted on a point reduction system. Contrary to what some of you may be used to, you all begin the test with a perfect score of ten points. One point will be deducted from each answer you get wrong." He stops writing and puts his free hand on his hip. "So, if you miss three... your final score will be seven. Rule number 2: teams will pass or fail based on the total scores of all three members."