Chapter 33

Kimiko's P. O. V:

I spend the next few minutes tending to both Akamaru's and Kiba's wounds. I'd finished healing the smaller wounds Kiba received and I'm now healing his head while he sits up in a hospital bed, his eyes glued to me the whole time.

After several heartbeats, I'd finished healing his head wound and pull back, the mint green glow fading from around my hands. I sit back on my heels with a sigh, swiping the back of my hand across my forehead.

I ask Kiba, dropping my hand, "How do you feel?"

"Heh. Good as new! Thanks!" He says, making me smile. "How's Akamaru?"

I say, glancing to the puppy asleep at Kiba's side, "With some rest, he'll be fine in a few hours." Kiba looks relieved by this.

"Your Medical Ninjutsu is incredible! And, thanks again for saving Akamaru, Kimi-chan," He says.

I say, "Anytime."

Kiba's grin drops as he sighs, "I just hate that I lost. I was hoping to impress you by winning against Naruto. I didn't even make it past the Preliminaries."

I stare at him as I say, "Kiba, you did impress me!" He looks at me in surprise. "I thought your fight against Naruto was awesome!"

Kiba blushes at my compliments. He says happily, "Gee, thanks, Kimi-chan! That means a lot, coming from you."

I ask as I lean forwards on my hands, "Kiba-kun, I have to ask you... well.... Do you... like me?"

He stares at me in surprise for a moment before saying with a soft smile, "Like you? Kimi-chan, I love you."

"Really?" I ask. He nods his head.

"Yeah. For a long time now. I think you're really cool, even though you can be a little scary sometimes. I still love you, though."

I smile as a blush spreads across my cheeks. I lean forwards and connect my lips to his. Kiba's breath hitches out of surprise but then he relaxes and cups my cheek in his hand as he relaxes into the kiss.

When we pull back, both our faces flushed, I says, Kiba caressing my cheek, "I love you, too, Kiba-kun. I've been meaning to ask you but things just kept getting in the way. So I guess we're official now?"

Kiba nods his head as he agrees, "Yeah. We are."

Kiba pulls his hand back as I call for the nurse to bring some beef jerky and chocolate chip cookies, as well as some soda, before I perch on the other bed, Shiori curled on the floor at my feet.

Kiba and I chat for awhile longer until the medics rush in, getting a space ready for Hinata who's in the Emergency Room. The second I heard those words, I rush into the E. R to treat an unconscious Hinata. Apparently, she'd gone into cardiac arrest due to a powerful blow from her cousin, Neji.

Feeling my blood boil with rage at what Neji had tried to do, I immediately set to work by summoning the green glow around my hands and placing them over Hinata's left chest. My hands glow a faint green as the medics allow me to help heal my friend.

My teeth gritted, I think in shock, "Just what was Neji doing?! Was he seriously trying to kill Hinata?! I swear, when I'm done here, I'm gonna give that bastard a piece of my mind!!"

Hinata had ten minutes due to lack of a pulse, but luckily, with my Medical Ninjutsu training from Four Eyes, I was able to heal her completely.

I turn to the medics after dumping the water, "Hinata will recover from now on. Take her to the infirmary." The medics look both awed and relieved but my face still looks like a storm ready to burst.