Chapter 15

Kimiko's P. O. V:

I stare in the direction Haku had gone, knowing he was standing in between Kakashi and Zabuza. That lightning attack had hit him head-on.

"Za... bu... za...." Haku manages to breathe before falling still.

"So, my future's all used up, huh?!" Zabuza laughs. "Wrong again, Kakashi!"

Naruto gazes around frantically as he asks, "H-Hey! Where'd he go? Hey, the fog's lifting!"

I was getting annoyed by this mist so I whip out my left fan and snap it open. With a strong flick of my wrist, I send out a powerful gust of chakra infused wind that starts to blow the mist away.

Naruto, Sakura and Tazuna cry out in surprise, with the pinkette and Tazuna throwing their arms up to shield their faces as their clothes toss violently in the wind.

Tazuna cries out, "Where'd that blasted wind cone from?!"

Sakura says, bracing herself, "It's Kimiko!"

When the wind dies down, the mist has vanished and everyone is staring at me. But I could only stare at Haku, between the two Jounin while gripping Kakashi's wrist. The silverette has Haku's blood splattered on his face, as does Zabuza.

Naruto gasps from beside me, "Is that him?!"

Naruto and I rush forward only to stop, gazing with wide eyes.

Naruto stutters, "I don't get it... what the heck's going on here?"

There was blood all over Haku's face and on the ground, his eyes still open. Tazuna asks, "Isn't that... the boy in the mask?"

"Haku... he threw himself in front of Kakashi's attack," I say in realisation.

Kakashi looks back at Zabuza with narrowed eyes as he says, "He saved your worthless life at the cost of his own."

Zabuza chuckles, "Well done, Haku!" He gives a cry of exertion as he grips his sword hilt.

My eyes grow so wide as I realise Zabuza would cleave his sword right through Haku just to kill Kakashi.

"I knew I'd found a treasure when I found you, boy! You'd not only given me my life, but Kakashi's as well!"

Kakashi couldn't seem to pull his hand back. Zabuza's sword comes down on Haku.

"Kakashi Sensei, no!" Sakura exclaims fearfully.

I couldn't believe Zabuza had just tried to slice his sword right through the dead Yuki.

And after Haku basically devoted his whole life to him!

The silver haired man manages to backflip, however, with the dead Ice Release user in his arms, and Zabuza's sword crashes to the ground.

Zabuza stares at me a moment before shifting his attention to Kakashi, chuckling. "Not bad for having a corpse in your arms."

Naruto growls, "You'll pay for that!"

Naruto starts running towards the Mist shinobi.

Kakashi orders us, stopping Naruto and I in our tracks, "No! Stay out of this, Naruto."

The Leaf Jounin gently lays Haku's body on the ground and closes his eyes.

"This is my battle. Zabuza's mine," Growls Kakashi, a dark look on his features.

"Naruto?" Sakura utters. She spots him across the bridge. "Naruto! Over here!" We look in her direction as Sakura waves to the Uzumaki. Naruto looks glum, no doubt remembering Sasuke. He must still believe him to be dead. "Naruto! So, you and Sasuke are alright?!" Naruto doesn't say anything as he grits his teeth and looks away. "What's wrong? Where is Sasuke, anyway?" Naruto's silence is all the answer Sakura needs, as her eyes widen. "N-No..."