Chapter 43

Naruto's P. O. V:

"S-Sakura. Hey, uh, Sakura? Earth to Sakura!" I call, standing on a tree branch before a red haired boy with the right side transformed into this thing.

"What do you want?!" She demands hotly.

I point to in front of me as I ask, "This guy over here, who the hell is he?"

Sakura glares at me as Pakkun says, "His outward appearance may be different, but he's the one you know as Gaara." I gasp as I remember Gaara telling Shikamaru, Kimiko and I that his father sealed a One Tailed Beast in him to make Gaara the strongest of shinobi as an unborn.

"So this was what he was talking about!" I think fearfully.

"Hey, little girl," Pakkun says to Sakura. "I guess now would be the time to tell you I'm not the fighting type."

Sakura says angrily, "I can see that by looking at you!"

"What do you want?" Gaara demands. "So, it's you. You're the one I didn't kill that day." I gasp when I realise he's referring to that day in the hospital, and remember he said he lives only for himself and love only himself. As long as there are people in this world, he'll never disappear.

I tremble with fear and tense upon seeing Gaara about to attack. I throw my arm towards Sakura and the others as I warn, "Guys!! Get up! We have to go now!"

I widen my eyes when Gaara leaps right past me, aiming for my friends, sand claw outstretched.

Sakura slowly turns, mint green eyes wide, as Gaara roars, "Die, Sasuke Uchiha!!" Just then, a gold blur zooms in front of Sasuke, on his hands and arms with his head bent, and slams into Gaara.

Gaara cries out as he's is sent flying back as the blonde figure lands before Sasuke, in a crouch. It was Kimiko! She winces, seemingly in pain.

"K-Kimi-chan!" I exclaim in surprise. I was stunned to see how beat up the violet eyed girl is.

Gaara gasps and stands on a branch before Kimiko, her violet eyes fierce and unwavering. "It's you!"

"Kimiko!!" Sakura and I cry happily. Upon second glance, I can see that she's injured with a few deep gashes down her arms, another gash in her stomach along with a stab wound and bruise and a cut on her left cheek. Kimiko breathes heavily as she stares down Gaara, who seems to hesitate.

Kimiko's P. O. V:

"Kimiko! Are you alright?" Naruto calls.

"Just a few scratches I'd gained on my way to Kakashi Sensei, Naruto. Don't worry about me," I say, gaze still fixated on the Sand ninja. I don't feel an ounce of fear in my eyes at all, even when I'm taking in Gaara's true form.

"Get out of my way, or I'll kill you, too," He warns me.

"I'd like to see you try," I say as I slowly rise to my feet.

"Stay back!" Gaara roars, taking a step back.

Naruto yells warningly, seeing Gaara shifting, "Kimi-chan! Look out!"

The redhead thrusts his sand claw into my stomach, a twisted grin on his features. Almost in slow motion, I am sent sailing back to the branch behind Sakura and Sasuke, feeling my eyes bugging in their sockets.

My back slams into a tree trunk and I grunt at the pain before letting out a sharp exhale of breath, feeling the wind be knocked out of me. It's getting harder to breathe as the claw tightens around me.

"Kimiko!" Sakura and Naruto cry as Sasuke looks up, gasping as his black orbs jerk wide.

Naruto scowls, gritting his teeth, as he drags his gaze from where I am to Gaara.