Chapter 59

Kimiko's P. O. V:

I was cuddled with Kiba on my blue couch as we watch some TV, some half eaten breakfast before us. Kiba had been finishing up walking Akamaru when he came over and joined me for breakfast.

The white Ninken is curled on the floor in front of us.

"This breakfast is great, Kimi-chan," Kiba says as I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it," I say.

"You want to go train together later?" Kiba asks, finishing off his bacon.

"Sure," I agree. We finish eating in content silence and I feel Kiba gazing at me.

I turn my head to smile at him which he returns. Setting our plates aside on the coffee table, I lean back against the armrest as Kiba leans towards me. My heart races as Kiba's lips meet mine.

I cup my hand around the back of his head as we continue to kiss, the kisses getting deeper. Kiba rests his hands on my sides as he hovers over me.

I tug at Kiba's brown hair which makes him growl back in response. As we continue kissing, there's a knock at the front door, causing Kiba and I to break apart.

He frowns in disappointment but lets me get off the couch to go to the door. I open it to find Hinata there.

"Oh, good morning Hinata-chan," I greet, blinking my violet eyes a few times.

Kiba comes up behind me as Hinata smiles and says, "G-Good morning, K-Kimiko, Kiba."

I ask, "What brings you here?"

"Tsunade-sama wants you and Kiba for a mission," She replies.

Kiba and I exchange curious glances before I say to the white eyed girl, "Okay. We'll be there."

Hinata nods. "Okay."

Kiba and I exit the house as Hinata takes her leave, Akamaru dashing to catch up to us before hopping into Kiba's gray jacket. We make our way to the Hokage tower and head up to Tsunade's office.

I knock on the door, hearing the woman call on the other side. "Come in!" I push the door open and Kiba and I enter, finding a group of people inside. Shizune is standing beside Tsunade's desk.

I blink my eyes when I see Shino, Hinata and Kakashi, along with Ibiki Moreno. I was a little surprised to see him. "Ibiki?" I greet as we go up to them, the door shutting behind us.

"Hey, Kimiko," He returns.

"So, what's the mission about?" I ask as I stand beside Hinata

Standing up and going to the window behind her desk, Tsunade tells us, "Your mission is an A Rank in which you will be transporting a dangerous criminal to Hozuki Castle—also known as Blood Prison." I was immediately intrigued even as Hinata appears worried by the name. The caramel eyed woman turns back to us. "The criminal you will be escorting is a man named Toshiro Nakano, he's known for killing mostly women and children and has wiped out whole villages in a night with his comrades. Sometimes the bodies are left beyond recognition. They're each as equally dangerous as Toshiro, but we were only able to capture their leader. So they might try to come back to break him out, so be on your guard. Since Kimiko is your team's only Medical Ninja, it's vital that you must protect her from Toshiro at all costs. I'll also be placing Kimiko in charge of this mission."