Chapter 39

Kimiko's P. O. V:

Akemi was quick to make the first move as she does hand signs. I quickly activate my Sharingan. "Fire Style: Great Fireball Jutsu!"

I quickly match her Jutsu and we both blow out streams of chakra infused fire. The Jutsus slam into each other and the flames push against one another before they eventually die down.

"You copied my Jutsu!" Akemi exclaims. I smirk.

"I did," I say flippantly.

"Fire Style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu!" Akemi blows small fireballs at me. I manage to evade all of them without getting a burn though I copied that Jutsu too.

"Lightning Style: Tornado Lightning!" I thrust my hands forward and twin columns of electricity twist for Akemi. Her green eyes widen before she dives out of the way, the lightning dying down. "Lightning Style: Twin Fangs Jutsu!" I thrust my hands forward again and twin wolves made from blue electricity run for the redhead.

Akemi goes to run away but one of the wolves pounces on her. However, as she hits the ground with a scream of pain, Akemi poofs away and is replaced with a log.

I sense movement behind me and whirl to see Akemi lunging for me with fire swirling around her.

"Fire Style: Flame Spiral Jutsu!" I copy it as the Kasai thrusts her right hand forward. I jump back and do the exact same Jutsu. Thrusting my hand forward, there's an explosion as both Fire Jutsus collide with each other.

Akemi and I are blown back and we hit the ground.

We both manage to get to our feet, breathing hard, slight burns on our bodies.

I do hand signs as I activate my Sharingan.

"Genjutsu: Hellfire Dance!" Akemi's eyes widen as the Genjutsu I copied from Ren hits her. After a few seconds, Akemi was screaming but then she manages to cast the release sign and free herself from the Genjutsu, slight burns on her arms and legs.

"So you copied Ren's Genjutsu," She says.

"Yup. I'm impressed you were able to free yourself from it."

"Genjutsu may not be my strong point, but I've been training with Ren for a long time. I easily free myself from a Genjutsu," Explains the Kasai.

"Kenjutsu," I say as I unsheathe my right katana, "Dragon Flash!"

With my enhanced speed, I appear before the blue eyed girl. She's unable to avoid the slash of my sword across her side. Akemi staggers but keeps herself from collapsing.

Akemi does more hand signs, saying as she turns to me, "Clone Jutsu!" Eight copies of Akemi surround me.

I smirk as I unsheath my second sword. The Akenis go to attack me but I duck and dive to the side to avoid their punches and kicks.

"Kenjutsu: Wolf Rain!" I chant, flipping my katanas backwards. My arms move at lightning speed as I slash at the Clones. They cry out as they disappear. I face the real Akemi once I'd destroyed all her clones. "Kenjutsu: Striking Crane Thrust!"

I get into my stance on one leg with my right foot pressed against my other leg, my right arm pulled back. With a mighty thrust of my arm, I send out a chakra infused blade of wind that slices Akemi's left cheek.

She smirks when she thinks I've missed.

"Huh. You've missed!" Akemi's smirk drops as a line of red drips down her face. She scowls angrily at me. "You'll regret that! Clone Jutsu!"

"Not this again," I mumble but remain in my stance as ten clones of the Kasai appear and charge towards me, yelling war cries. "Kenjutsu: Crane Gale Storm!"