Chapter 32

Kimiko's P. O. V:

Shikamaru states, "I don't know what happened, but this ain't the Naruto we used to know."

Ino hums in agreement.

I watch as Kiba straightens and inhales through his nose, closing his eyes, before reopening them and smirking at a confused Naruto. He says warningly as he reaches into his weapons pouch, "Naruto! If I were you, I'd let Akamaru go!" With that, he flicks what looks to be a small, brown round food pill to his puppy. Akamaru catches it easily in his mouth and swallows.

Suddenly, his canines elongate as his white fur begins to change to red. With a growl, Akamaru kicks back at the clone holding his paws, dispersing it with a poof, before landing on the floor by Kiba, snarling.

Naruto gasps, "What the heck happened?! What was that thing you fed him? How come all his fur just turned red?!"

Kiba asks rhetorically, "Are you sure you wanna stick around to find out?!" Kiba pops a food pill himself. I feel amazement as Kiba seems to turn animalistic and lowers onto all fours as Akamaru jumps on his back, barking, Kiba clasping his hands in a hand sign. "Let's go, Akamaru! Beast Mimicry..." Akamaru turns into an exact replica of Kiba as they speak in unison. "... Man Beast Clone!!"

I say in awe, "Oh, wow! There's two of them!"

Sakura says, "You sound so amazed by it."

I give a sheepish look as I say, blushing, feeling Kakashi peering at me, "Uh, yeah. His Jutsu is pretty incredible."

Shikamaru grumbles, "I'll bet you'd be even more amazed if there were an army of Kibas."

Here, my face turns beet red at the thought and I dip my head to hide it. But Sakura, Shikamaru and Kakashi gaze at me curiously.

I mutter, "Sh-Shut up, Nara."

"What? I thought you liked the guy that much." At my warning glare, the blush still on my face, Shikamaru waves his hands placatingly. "Alright, alright! I'm sorry! Geez!"

I let out a sigh as I return my attention to the match.

Naruto murmurs, "He's got a crazy look in his eyes all of a sudden... Hey!! Wait a second! He took something!!" Naruto whirls on the Proctor. "NO FAIR!! THAT'S CHEATING! HE OUGHT TO BE DISQUALIFIED!!"

Hayate tells him, "Food pills... they're just another tool. They're allowed." He lets out a cough.

Naruto groans in exaggeration, pointing accusingly at him, "AAAHHH!! YOU'RE NO HELP AT ALL!!"

Shikamaru asks, "I don't get it. What was that stuff he ate...?"

Choji explains before I could, "Those are food pills."

Ino and Shikamaru glance at him as the blue eyed girl asks. "They're what...?"

"It's something the military developed," Explains Choji. "An energy booster that's so powerful that whoever takes it can fight for three days and nights without a break. But after extended battling, it can result in high levels of anxiety and almost total exhaustion." His teammates look back at the wild Inazuka. "Right now, Kiba's and Akamaru's chakra is at least doubled in strength."

Kiba says animal like, "Let's finish this!" Then, he and Akamaru launch themselves into the air for the surprised Naruto. "... On All Fours... Jutsu...!"

!"