Chapter 69

Pic above is Noboru Yamamoto, just about five years older than Kakashi—>

Kimiko's P. O. V:

Kakashi, Shin and I continue to struggle in our captor's grip until a man with green hair claps slowly and approaches us, a sword strapped to his back. His green hair stops past his chin and he has long bangs that drape over his left green eye.

"Well done, Leaf ninja! I applaud you for making it this far," The man says as he stops before us. "I had a feeling you would come for the scroll at some point. Now, return it, and you shall be spared."

"As if!" I snap, glaring.

"The scroll contains classified information of the Hidden Leaf Village. We're taking it back as it belongs to us," Kakashi tells him.

"Then I suppose I'll have to kill you and then take it back," The greenette says, unsheathing his sword. He taps it against his side thoughtfully, flicking his gaze between us. "Now, then, which one of you has it?" The man's gaze lingers on Kakashi who is glaring daggers at him, before switching to a growling Shin, then finally landing on me. The man slowly approaches me before stopping. "I don't suppose you have it?"

I just narrow my eyes at him.

"Don't you dare touch M' Lady!" Shin growls, still struggling though failing to bite or slash his captor.

"Wolf summoning? Violet eyes... you must be the Sumire Princess," The greenette says in recognition. He sweeps me a bow. "My name is Noboru Tanaka. Now, I'm only going to ask you once more to hand the scroll back."

"How's this for your answer?" I ask before I flow chakra to my left elbow and ram it into the ribs of my male captor. He grunts and his grip loosens enough for me to whirl my right leg behind me in a roundhouse kick, knocking the masked man back and causing him to face plant the floor.

Shin finally manages to bite his captor's hand which causes him to release Shin with a cry of pain, while Kakashi headbutts his opponent hard enough for them to release him.

Kakashi then kicks the woman in the stomach which causes her to go crashing back into a few of her allies. Kakashi then meets my gaze and we both nod before I glance to Shin. He's baring his teeth at the enemy as his fur stands on end.

Shin glances to me as I take out a smoke grenade. Then I thrust it on the floor, filling it with dark smoke. Shin keeps close to me as my teammates and I flee the hideout, hearing Noboru and the others coughing against the smoke.

"Don't just stand there, you idiots! GET THEM!!" Noboru yells.

"YES SIR!" His men and women cry out before I hear them pursuing Kakashi, Shin and I into the bamboo forest.

                       🗡🗡🗡

Kakashi, Shin and I race through the trees but we could hear our pursuers not far behind us.

"They're still gaining on us!" I say, briefly glancing back at the enemies. Only to see a kunai knife with a paper bomb attached fly right towards me.

"Kimiko!" Kakashi calls before he grabs me and throws us onto a branch a safe distance away, Shin right behind us. We'd just gotten away right before the paper bomb went off. Kakashi keeps his arms around me for a moment as we pause on a branch, shielding me from the blast. When the shockwave dies down, Kakashi slowly releases me. He gazes at me in slight concern. "You okay?"

I nod as I reply, "Yeah. Thanks for the save." We gaze back at the thieves to see they've stopped a few paces away.

Noboru glares at us. "Give me back the scroll, or die, Leaf ninja!" He orders, unsheathing his broad sword.