Chapter 70

Kimiko's P. O. V:

Before Noboru could pierce me with his sword, there's a loud clang and a pained grunt as his sword was blocked by Kakashi, who kicks him away from me.

Noboru eventually comes to a stop and glares daggers at the Hatake.

"Kimiko, you alright?" Kakashi asks, anger lacing his tone.

"Aside from a broken rib?" I respond, wincing. "Just dandy! Thanks for the save, though."

"I'm glad I got here just in time. I'll take care of the rest," Kakashi says, readying his kunai.

"I will have that scroll!" Noboru shouts, readying his broad sword as he runs at the silverette. However, Kakashi was ready to meet him and they exchange several swift blows, their bodies blurs as they move through the clearing.

After exchange blows back and forth, Noboru's sword cleaves Kakashi in half but it turns out to be a Shadow Clone. Noboru didn't have time to block or deflect Kakashi's next attack as he plunges Chidori into Noboru's back, killing him.

Blood sprays as the green haired man hits the ground heavily.

Kakashi straightens up and comes over to me, kneeling beside me. "Can you get up, Kimiko?" He asks.

"I don't think I can with this broken rib," I answer sheepishly.

"You know, we should really work on your close combat," Kakashi sighs, beginning to sheathe my katanas which have regained their visibility again. Kakashi pauses, however, and picks up something off the ground, holding it out to me. It was my blue hair clip.

It must've fallen out when I hit the tree before.

"So does that mean you'll be training me?" I ask as he smoothly slides his hand along my bangs and pins my hair clip back in, my bangs being held back by it.

"If you want me to. But first, you need to focus on healing that rib of yours. Which means you'll be joining me on a trip to the hospital." Kakashi sends me his signature closed eye smile as I let out a dramatic groan of dread.

"Noooo! You're so cruel, Hatake!"

Kakashi chuckles as he picks me up bridal style.

Shin chuckles as he tells me, "It's for your own good, M' Lady."

I frown at him as I say and point to the black and white wolf, "Ok. You, Mister, can go back to Okami Temple for that."

Shin gives a last chuckle before he disappears in a poof of smoke.

"Do you still have the scroll, Kimiko?" The Hatake asks me seriously. I nod my head and give him a peace sign.

"You bet!"

He grins at me.

Kakashi then turns, smiling sheepishly behind his mask, and makes his way back to the village.

                        🗡🗡🗡

"Well, your wounds aren't that serious, Kimiko, but you still need to recover in the hospital for a few weeks," Tsunade tells me as she, Sakura, Naruto, Shizune and Kakashi gather around my bed, Kiba with Akamaru on his head with them.

The sun is sitting outside my window, painting the sky orange, pink, blue and lilac.

I pour as I cross my arms, mumbling, "No fair. I don't want to be here, Tsunade-sama. I hate hospitals!"

"That's too bad," She says with the back of her hand on her hip. "You need to let your rib heal, or it will take longer. And if you even think about escaping, I'll have one of the nurses come get me and we'll use drastic measures to keep you in here."