Chapter 64

Kimiko's P. O. V:

I wear my usual work attire while I finish washing the dishes when there's a knock on my front door, causing me to turn my head.

"Who could that be?" I wonder silently before I unplug the sink and stride to the door. I open it to see Kiba.

"Hey, Kiba-kun. What are you doing here?" I greet.

"Good morning, Kimiko," He greets. "We're here coz we got a mission together."

"The two of us?" I ask.

"You bet, Kimi-chan!" The Inuzuka chimes, grinning.

"Ok. I'm done with breakfast, so let's go," I say. Kiba backs up so I can lock my door before we head to the mission report room in the Ninja Academy to retrieve our new mission.

🗡🗡🗡

I sit in a flowery field with Kiba's head in my lap, the Inuzuka holding a pink flower to me as Akamaru runs around us.

I take the pretty flower and sniff its sweet scent, Naruto and Hinata sitting nearby.

I run my fingers through Kiba's hair and Akamaru barks excitedly.

"Okay, boy!" The Inuzuka laughs as he gets to his feet. "Come on!" Kiba then starts running after his ninja hound partner, laughing, while I cross my legs and watch them. "Akamaru! Wait up, Akamaru!"

I laugh softly as I watch my boyfriend run after the puppy, laughing. It was such a beautiful day, the sun shining, flowers in bloom...

"Kimi-chan! I made this for you and the others," Says Hinata. I tilt my head towards her, seeing a rice ball in her hand.

"Thanks, Hinata-chan!" I take the rice ball but pause, gazing down at it. The triangular cheese makes up the spikes in Naruto's hair, there's a fish cake for the center of his headband, and tomatoes for his ears. It was cute, and I hated the thought of eating my best friend's face, but I give a shrug and dig into the rice ball, immediately melting at the delicious taste. "Hmmm! This is super yummy!"

 "Hmmm! This is super yummy!"