Chapter 73

Kimiko's P. O. V:

It was mid afternoon the following day and I was walking the palace grounds with Hisui, birds chirping in the distance.

Kakashi has made plans for us to take it in turns guarding Hisui. Meanwhile, he and Hinata are investigating the previous Feudal Lord's tomb for any answers about our assassins.

"If I may ask, who taught you to sing?" I ask Hisui, gazing at her.

"My mother," She answers.

"And was she the one who gave you that crystal?" I ask, gaze flicking to the rose quartz crystal around her neck.

Hisui pauses by a large pond out back and closes her eyes as she grips the necklace in her hand, appearing saddened. "Yes, she was. It used to be hers but then she gave it to me the day before she was killed." Hisui's grip tightens on the crystal. "I'm going to find out who took my parents from me. And when I do, I'll have revenge."

I was surprised by this. I murmur, gazing up at the blue sky for a moment, "Revenge, huh...? I know of revenge." This causes the beautiful green haired woman to look at me. "There's this man I want to get revenge on for massacring my clan. One of my teammates also desires revenge and he ended up leaving our village for it."

"Why did you stay?" Asks Hisui, sounding slightly curious.

"Because I don't want to go looking for revenge, and I know it won't bring anyone back. If you try to take revenge on your parents' deaths, Hisui, then I'll have no choice but to stop you. I refuse to let anyone else fall to the darkness like Sasuke did," I say firmly.

Hisui glares sharply at me. "Stay out of things you don't understand! I will have revenge on my parents' deaths! Don't you dare interfere!"

I gasp as she turns and races off towards the woods, tears flying from her eyes.

"Hisui! Hisui, come back!" I try to call but she was already out of sight. I groan and slump my shoulders before I bite my thumb and do hand signs. "Summoning Jutsu!" I slam my hand on the ground and Takeshi appears.

"What is it, Kimiko-sama?" Takeshi asks.

I say as I climb onto his back, "Hisui, my client, has taken off into the woods and she's being targeted by assassins. I need you to track her scent for me."

"Very well, M' Lady," Takeshi says before he puts his nose to the ground and starts sniffing. After a moment or two, he perks his head up, towards the woods. "Got her!"

I grip Takeshi's fur as he runs after the Feudal Lord. When we make it to the trees, they blur around us. Takeshi makes a turn to the left and I recognise we're heading for the lake at which we first met Hisui.

As we near it, a scream reaches my ears and I let out a gasp. "Faster, Takeshi!" I order.

"Very well," He says before putting on a burst of speed. We soon reach the clearing with the lake and see Hisui on the ground, stating up at a Garasu clan member who is looming above her with a glass sword, the blade glinting the sunlight.

"Get away from me!" Hisui screams fearfully.

I scowl before I unsheathe my left fan and snap it open. With a flick of my right wrist, I send out a wave of chakra infused air that slams into the man. He is sent flying back until he lands in the lake with a big splash.

Hisui gasps as she jerks her head to me when my tri coloured wolf stops by her. I gaze down at the green haired woman as I ask, "Are you alright?"

"Wh-Where did that wolf come from?!" She asks, staring at Takeshi with wide eyes.