Chapter 51

Kimiko's P. O. V:

I concentrate on healing the fish with my Mystical Palm Jutsu, my brows knitted together. It's been a few more days since we'd gotten back from the Land of Snow, and my team and I had gotten back from a B Ranked mission that had turned out to be an A Ranked mission to the Land of Tea, while Kakashi went on his own mission.

I wear a short sleeved orange shirt with red sleeves and denim shorts with the tall combat boots Sasuke got me for my birthday, and lone wolf pendant Sakura got me, since I was only training with Tsunade today. Within a few heartbeats, I'd managed to successfully heal the fish and it wriggles on the table in front of me. I gasp happily as I turn to a smiling Tsunade, sitting in a recliner off to the side.

"I did it!"

Tsunade praises me, "Excellent work, Kimiko. You're progressing much faster than any student I'd ever trained. I think we'll call it a day. Start up again after your missions tomorrow."

I nod my head eagerly as I reply, "Aye, aye, Captain!"

With a salute, I spin on my heal and skip out of the tower, to visit Sasuke in the hospital. I was actually kind of drained since I'd been training since dawn this morning. Tsunade sure is real space driver when it comes to training me in medical ninjutsu.

I sign into the hospital and was told my Sensei was back from his mission. He'd been in awhile ago having gotten his wounds seen to.

I head for Sasuke's room and was about to open the door, but it opens and Sakura pokes her head out, blinking her eyes in surprise at me.

"Oh! Kimiko! Did you come to see Sasuke?"

I nod as I say, "Yup. Where are you off to?"

"To get something for Sasuke to eat. I'll be right back!" She says before leaving.

I enter to see Sasuke sitting up in bed and staring at the white sheets. I go over and sit in the chair beside him. "Hi, Sasuke!" I greet. He doesn't respond nor look up. "Sasuke? Oi, don't ignore me, Duck Butt!!" I flick the side of his head, causing Sasuke to hiss and glare daggers at me.

"Ow! What was that for, Kimiko?!"

"For ignoring me. Why are you all gloom and doom?"

He grumbles, "You know why."

Understanding crosses my features as I say, "Let me guess, it's about Naruto having defeated the enemy you and I couldn't back in the Land of Tea?" A slight nod from the Uchiha. "I wouldn't let that get to you."

"How can you be calm about it? Even you couldn't even beat that guy," Sasuke says with a hint of bitterness.

I say, "There's always someone stronger than me out there, Sasuke. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses. We just have to learn to overcome those weaknesses, otherwise we'd never be stronger. Besides, close quarter combat isn't really my thing." I give a shrug. Sasuke just narrows his onyx orbs at me dangerously. "I'm going to tell you something important, Sasuke, and I hope you'll remember for next time: Everyone is equal in power. You just have to believe in yourself."

Sasuke wonders, "What does that mean?"

"It's my clan's belief. It means, even if you think you're weak, deep down inside, you have a power equal to others. That was how I was able to survive all those years with Orochimaru. Believe in yourself, Sasuke, and you'll be able to overcome anything and anyone. Besides, Naruto was only able to defeat that ninja because you and I did all the hard work in weakening him." I scoff at the memory, seeing Sasuke's lips barely twitch into a smirk.