Chapter 52

Kimiko's P. O. V:

I gaze after Sasuke silently. He knows what he did was wrong; he's just too proud to admit it.

Kakashi and I look down when we hear Sakura sobbing, her shoulders shaking, and my gaze softens. "Kakashi Sensei... Kimiko-chan..."

"So much for teamwork," Kakashi says with a sigh. I always knew Naruto and Sasuke had their differences, but I never would've expected for them to fight to the death. I glance at Kakashi when I sense I new presence. "I'm assuming it was you who taught him that technique. You don't think maybe he's a little young to be handling that Jutsu?"

I sense someone leaning behind the tank Sasuke crashed into.

It was Jiraiya.

My teeth clench as Kakashi and Jiraiya discuss the rivalry between the boys.

I vaguely hear my Sensei say something about something driving the both of them forward. Something to make them strive to become stronger.

I just give Kakashi a hard look, which he simply gazed back at me silently.

Kakashi says as he rises to his feet, "Alright, I'll leave Naruto to you, then. I have a mission, then there's that Chidori business."

On that note, Kakashi leaps to stand in front of the pinkette. He gives her a closed eye smile as he says, "Sakura. It'll be alright. Don't you worry. We'll soon have them back to their old selves again!"

I land beside him as I say with a frown, "You and I both know that's not true. Don't get her hopes up!"

Kakashi glances at me as he says, "Cheer up, okay? I'll see you soon." With that, he leaps atop the fence and bounds away. Sakura and I turn around when Naruto steps up to us.

"What is it, Naruto?" Asks Sakura.

"Listen, Sakura, Kimiko, this is between me and Sasuke. So stay out of it!" Naruto says sternly, making me narrow my violet eyes.

"No, you listen to me, Naruto." He flinches at my low tone. I was pissed. Naruto meets my anger filled gaze. "I will not stay out of it, because both you and Sasuke are my friends! I will intervene to stop you, but if you try to force me to stay out of it, then I'll have no choice but to kill the both of you, understand? That isn't a threat. You know damn well that I can kill in a heartbeat."

I turn sharply on my heels and bound away, needing to talk to the Uchiha.

🗡🗡🗡

I find him sitting in a tree, the full moon high above.

I love the moon, but it's even prettier in the crescent form. It's taken me this long to find Sasuke, but I eventually did.

"Hey," I greet, perching on the branch. Sasuke gives me a glare. "I take it Kakashi already gave you a stern talking to?"

"Yeah..."

I sit down as I say, "You look so lost."

"That's because I feel lost. Everyone around me has their families. I'm the only one who's alone."

I ask lowly, "You think you're the only one who's alone?" Sasuke doesn't say anything as my violet orbs darken slightly.

"Think about someone else instead of yourself for once in your life! Kakashi's family is all gone as are Naruto's and Iruka Sensei's! For years, I'd always thought I was alone, Sasuke! I'd been a prisoner and forced to fight and kill, then I was drugged and experimented on. I learned to fight and kill in order to survive. Then I found my new family, with you guys, in the Hidden Leaf Village. You truly have no idea how much I've suffered. I've seen what revenge has done to people. It takes them down a path of no return. It hardens their hearts even further because there is no Jutsu on this Earth that can bring the dead back to life! I learned to accept that a long time ago."

Tears well up in my eyes but I force them back.

"You're just so lost within yourself and full of anger and hatred that you just can't see it! You cannot see the friends and family you have around you! We may not be related by blood, Sasuke, but I still see you as a brother. Just like Naruto. I can't watch you go down the path of revenge because I fear I may never get you back."

"You're one to talk," Sasuke interrupts. "You said so yourself that you wanted revenge when you first joined Team Seven, remember?"

I gasp at this. I do remember.

Sasuke murmurs, "I never knew then, but I guess you were referring to Orochimaru?"

"You're right. Of course I want revenge on him. But... But that doesn't mean I'll go looking for him. Because if I do that... Orochimaru will just take me back and he'll never let me go again," I say as I hug myself, my arms trembling at the thought. "I don't plan to let revenge control my life. Otherwise, I'd lose the wonderful family I'd made. Besides, I know revenge doesn't bring anyone happiness. Family is the most important thing in the world to me. And I consider you apart of that family, Sasuke. I only ever want the power to protect all of you. My dream is... to know my friends and family are safe and happy. I don't really care what happens to me otherwise."

Sasuke says in a broken whisper, "I just... I just don't know what to do anymore..."

I feel my eyes soften slightly at the lost look in his eyes and broken tone of his voice. I sense four very familiar presences but choose to ignore them.

"I know you're a strong person, Sasuke. And that you wouldn't like or listen to what I'd tell you. But I know that deep down, you'll make the right decision," I tell him, squeezing his knee comfortingly.

I then get up and head home to have dinner and watch a movie before going to bed.