Chapter 57

Kimiko's P. O. V:

I watch in horror, clutching the unconscious puppy in my arms, as Kiba continues to stab himself in the stomach with his kunai. Ukon and Kiba cry out in agony.

"Are you mad?! What are you doing?!" Ukon exclaims as Kiba ills the kunai out.

They breathe heavily as he says, "If we really share the same body, I guess you feel whatever I feel, don't ya?"

"Damn you...!"

Kiba chuckles, smirking. "It hurts, doesn't it? Well, come on! I know one way to stop the pain."

I feel my violet eyes widen to the size of saucers as the brunette points the knife at his chest. My heart practically stops in my own chest.

"Kiba, no!! You'll kill yourself! Don't do it!" I cry out, clutching Akamaru tighter.

Ukon yells at him urgently, "You should listen to your little girlfriend! No, you fool! Stop!! Stop!!"

"Sorry, too late!"

"No!!" I cry out and go to stop Kiba as he plunges the knife towards his chest. However, Ukon throws himself out Kiba's body just in time.

I gasp as I rush over to Kiba and Ukon says, "That's not enough blood for a fatal blow..."

I crouch beside Kiba as he groans in agony and pulls out his kunai knife. "Kiba! Kiba, you idiot! What were you thinking?!"

He gives me a look which I understand right before he thrusts his kunai at Ukon. Ukon holds up his left arm and the knife embeds itself in it.

We take that as our chance to retreat. Kiba leaves behind a fake Akamaru that's stuffed with weapons which'll explode as Ukon approaches it. We then go deeper into the chasm and hide behind a stalagmite.

I tell Kiba in a soft tone, my hand gently stroking Akamaru, "He's okay. He's still breathing." Kiba breathes a sigh in relief. "What do we do now?"

Kiba says to me, "You gotta go, Kimi-chan."

My eyes widen as I protest, "What? No! I'm not leaving you—"

"You have to go," Kiba says more firmly, gazing at me steadily. "You've seen what these guys are capable of. I can't risk them fusing with you, too. You're too important to me. I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to you. Besides, Naruto and Shikamaru need your help in getting Sasuke. Leave Akamaru with me and get out of here."

I gaze back at my injured boyfriend, hesitant about leaving him, especially in his condition. "At least let me heal you—" I begin but he cuts me off once again.

"Forget about me. You need to save your strength."

I purse my lips as I say, "Fine. I'll at least leave you two of my wolves to back you up." Kiba nods his head and takes Akamaru back while I bite my thumb and do hand signs. "Summoning Jutsu." With a poof of smoke, Fang and Scar appear.

"M' Lady, what is it?" Fang asks.

"I smell blood—lots of it," Says Scar, and I knew he didn't just mean Kiba.

I say as I stand up, "Kiba will tell you what's happened. I need you two to stay and help him defeat one of the Sound ninja. I have to go help Shikamaru and the others."

"Very well, M' Lady," Says Fang while nodding her head.

"Heh. You can count on us," Adds Scar.

I pause and meet Kiba's gaze. I tell him sternly, "You'd better onto die on me, Kiba. That's an order."