Chapter 58

Kimiko's P. O. V:

The two Jutsus collide and I stare in shock as a massive black sphere forms in the air between the two Genin. It crashes into the waterfall before exploding outward.

When the sphere vanishes, I whip my head around to see Naruto had collapsed on the bank, and Sasuke was standing over him, gaze dull

When the sphere vanishes, I whip my head around to see Naruto had collapsed on the bank, and Sasuke was standing over him, gaze dull. There's a scratch through his Leaf headband and it loosens from around his head before slowly drifting to the ground beside Naruto's head, where it sticks out of the ground.

Suddenly, Sasuke coughs blood as he drops to his knees, gazing down blankly at Naruto.

I feel angry at the fact that my two teammates had just tried to kill each other. But I dash down the top of the Hashirama statue to get to them.

"Naruto!" I call as I near him, my violet eyes wide. I drop to my knees beside the unconscious blonde and summon the green mist around my hands to examine him. I feel crushing relief as there's still a heartbeat.

He was just unconscious.

I whirl on the Uchiha, the light fading from my hands. He raises his dull eyes to me. "What the bloody hell was that all about, Uchiha?! Were you seriously just trying to kill Naruto just now?!"

"You wouldn't understand," Sasuke says, now glaring at me.

"You're both my friends, Sasuke, and I hate seeing you two fight like this!" I say, my violet eyes pleading.

"You can't stop me, Kimiko."

"... I'm not going to," I say after a short pause. "Because I know I can't. I just don't want you to go to Orochimaru."

"I am going. I won't rest as long as he's out there," Says Sasuke unwaveringly.

I close my eyes and let out a short breath. I say, looking back at the ravenette, "Then, at least let me heal your wounds before you go."

Sasuke doesn't protest as I weave hand signs and summon the mist again. I place my hands over his back and heal his wounds, while transferring more chakra to him. I ignore Sasuke gazing at me intently as I work.

Eventually, the green mist fades and I pull my hands back. "There. How's that, Sasuke?" I ask.

"Better. Your chakra always felt great when you healed me," Sasuke responds. I give him a small smile.

"I guess this is goodbye," I say sadly. "I'll always look out for you, Sasuke." He spares me a last glance before retreating into the forest.

I wipe at my eyes as I turn away from the Uchiha. I hear Sasuke turning and stalking slowly away, into the forest and towards Orochimaru.

I drift my gaze to Naruto and immediately drop to my knees beside him. I gaze at the blonde for a long moment as tears well up in my eyes again. I let the tears cascade down my face, feeling overwhelmed from the battle I'd just witnessed.