Chapter 38

Kimiko's P. O. V:

Gaara is unable to move due to Shikamaru's Shadow Possession Jutsu. He'd only move if Shikamaru allows it.

I grunt as I'm shoved aside as Naruto rushes in past me, straight for the redhead

I grunt as I'm shoved aside as Naruto rushes in past me, straight for the redhead. I hit the floor and Naruto pulls back his arm before launching it right at Gaara's face. Gaara's head rocks to the side, as does Shikamaru's, when Naruto's fist connects with his face.

I climb to my feet as I glare at Naruto. I would've snapped at him but that's not important right now; Gaara is.

I demand the redhead as I face him, "What the bloody hell are you doing in here, Gaara?!"

Gaara's striking green gaze jerks to me but I don't flinch as Shikamaru straightens while wiping his cheek. He groans to Naruto in irritation, "Hey, man! I'm using my Shadow Possession Jutsu! So when you're bashing him, you're bashing me, too, you got it?!"

"Oh, sorry, Shikamaru!" Says Naruto sheepishly. Sand drips from Gaara's face where the blonde had punched his Sand Armor, as Naruto steps back beside me, Shikamaru on my other side. More sand lies still on Lee's bed.

Naruto then addresses the pale boy, a furious look in his blue orbs, "Out with it, what were you trying to pull?!" Naruto clenches a fist

Naruto then addresses the pale boy, a furious look in his blue orbs, "Out with it, what were you trying to pull?!" Naruto clenches a fist. "Well?! Are you gonna tell us what you were gonna do?!"

"I was going to kill him," Gaara says simply.

We gasp, "What?"

I say as I raise my hooded eyes to him, "You already beat him once in the competition, but you're not satisfied with just that, are you? You're out for blood? Or do you have some kind of personal grudge against him, or something? What do you hope to gain by killing Lee out of cold blood?" Naruto and Shikamaru sweat drop as I continue to interrogate the Sand ninja in a cold tone.

Gaara responds, "I have nothing against him. It's nothing that complicated. I simply just want to kill him, that's all."

Naruto bursts out, jabbing a finger at him, "YOU KNOW WHAT?! YOU'RE SICK IN THE HEAD!! YOU'RE CRAZY!!"