Chapter 35

Kimiko's P. O. V:

Gaara says lowly, "I don't know what you think you're planning right now, but this match is over for you."

Gaara narrows his sea green eyes as Lee says in agreement, "You are right. It is over... one way or another!" More power is emitted from Lee. "I am not going to be the only one to lose here! Gai Sensei... please let this work! It is now or never!" When Lee throws his arms down, his skin is now red and eyes completely white. "The third gate, the Gate of Life... Open!!"

I say, "His whole body's changing!" Temari gasps

Naruto says, "He's turning red!"

Lee's body glows green as he emits more power, blue chakra swirling around him.

Kankuro asks, "What's it mean?! What's happening?!"

Kakashi says, "He's opened the third gate, the Gate of Life! Now he'll attack." He narrows his eyes.

"Oh, no. Not yet," Says Gai, causing Kakashi to turn to him.

Veins appear on his forehead as Lee opens the fourth gate.

Kakashi says in astonishment, "Incredible! No one can do that through sheer effort alone. The boy's truly a genius!"

Lee gives a cry of exertion before taking off at such speed that the ground tears up after him, making Gaara gasp.

Lee appears before Gaara and slugs his jaw with a kick that sends him sailing upward. We cry out and throw up our arms to shield us from the huge torrent of debris filled wind caused by that one kick.

"He's faster than ever!" Kakashi gasps.

When the dust clears, Kankuro exclaims worriedly as Naruto gasps, looking around frantically for the redhead, "Gaara!"

"Where'd they go?!"

I look up just as Shikamaru does and we both exclaim, "Up there!!"

Gaara's sand armor behind to crack as Ino says, "There's Gaara but what happened to Lee?!"