7.2

Chapter 7.2: Accident (2)

In a panic, Xie Lisa wrapped the two broken pieces in a silk shirt, clutching it to her chest, and sneaked out of the room.

She said, "That won't happen, after all, there's still me!"

As they had locked the door, Shuang Yu and Shuang Yan couldn't go inside. When the two little girls finally came out, they both sighed in relief. Although the maidservants were curious about what they'd been doing in the room, they didn't have time to ask, as they had to hurry them over to the main hall.

*

Apart from Old Madame Gao and a few other Madames, Gao Taehyung and Gao Wendy , along with several other children, were all present in the main hall.

Gao Wendy had specially dressed up for the occasion. She was wearing a set of new clothes that were especially bright, and she'd also patted a thin layer of powder on her face. As she was only eight years old, even though she looked pretty, her appearance still didn't suit her age.

Her hair was combed into a different hairstyle, and she'd pinned a jade cicada hairpin in it. The hairpin was actually quite similar to Dara shi's own one.

The moment Xie Lisa and Xie Yeri entered the room, the first thing they noticed was the hairpin on her head.

Data shi had them separately greet a few elders, before saying, "Ah Lisa, Ah Yeri, why don't you bring these big brothers and sisters over to the Inner Courtyard to play?"

Hearing this, Xie Lisa nodded, and lead the group of children outside.

On the way there, Xie Yeri constantly looked over to the hairpin that Gao Wendy was wearing, her face full of curiosity. Gao Wendy assumed that it was because Xie Yeri found her to be very pretty after dressing up, and couldn't help but raise her head higher.

Xie Lisa also wanted to take a look but was unfortunately stuck with Gao Taehyung who endlessly chattered on, so she couldn't turn around at all.

Seeing her look of delight, Gao Taehyung asked, "Ah Lisa, where are you taking us to?"

Pointing towards the front, Xie Lisa said, "There's a small courtyard over there, and inside there's a pond and a swing. There's also Big Qiansui and Small Qiansui that Ah Yeri and I are rearing; I'll bring all of you over there to look at them!"

The courtyard was called Spring Flower Dock, and it was specially prepared by Xie Jiyong for his two daughters. It was a small garden belonging to the pair, so they could decorate it however they wanted to, and could also rear whatever they felt like rearing. No matter what they did to the garden, Xie Jiyong and Dara shi both didn't care too much. Xie Lisa brought the children over, and they saw that there was actually a small pond, and inside the pond, there were about a dozen carps, along with one big and one small turtle, Big Qiansui and Small Qiansui.

There was a bridge leading across the pond, and at the other end were some fake mountains. At the foot of these, there were many flowers and lush grass growing. This was Xie Lisa and Xie Yeri's masterpiece. Unfortunately, it was already autumn, and most of the flowers had withered due to the cold, leaving behind a couple of chrysanthemums.

On the other side of the courtyard were two swing sets. One of them was Xie Lisa's, and the other Xie Yeri's. Oftentimes the two little troublemakers would swing on these and compete to swing higher than the other, and their laughter could be heard from afar.

The two younger children, Second and Third Madame Gao's respectively, immediately ran over to the swing sets, each of them taking up one, and started to swing.