15

Chapter 15 – Go To The Mountain

After the New Year, Xie Lisa was six years old. As a girl, she would grow up fast. She was much taller than last year.

The summer shirt she had brought back from the capital was already small for her. When Madam Dara took it to her, she made a gesture, causing her cuffs and pants to both be shorter than before. "Tomorrow, I'll let nannie Chen go out to buy some materials and make you some new clothes."

There was no one who didn't like the new clothes, and even Xie Lisa was no exception. She happily held Dara's face and kissed it, "I want to wear a dress, a dress with flowers and birds!"

She was talking about the white flower-patterned embroidered dress of Madam Dara. Madam Dara had only worn it once during the birthday celebration of the Old Ancestor of Duke Dingguo, but this little girl had taken it to heart and wanted a dress that was exactly the same as hers. "When the little lamb grows up, I'll give you that dress, okay?"

"Really, really?" she said, pestering her.

"Of course, it's true." Dara said.

She really liked that dress. She wanted to grow up quickly, and it would be best if she could be as tall as Amma and wear a beautiful dress.

The next day, nannie Chen brought someone to measure Xie Lisa's height and Xie Yeri's height. That afternoon, someone brought the materials into the house for them to choose from. Xie Lisa chose seven or eight cloths, and his skirt and tunic and robe were all made, so I'm afraid he won't need any more clothes for a year.

Xie Yeri was an undecided girl. She chose what Xie Lisa said was good, and ended up with four or five shirts for spring shirts.

Xie Hanbin pointed two colors at the same time. As for the others, they were all decided by Madam Dara.

Madam Dara let nannie Chen to record it. "By the end of this month, you have to have all your clothes made. Otherwise, if the weather gets warm next month, you won't have any clothes to wear."

Nannie Chen quickly replied with a "yes" before leading the maidservants away.

After the snow melted, there were several successive spring rains in the Qingzhou Province. Each one was more lingering than the last. The raindrops fell on the eaves and made a tinkling sound. However, it did not come down very fast. It kept going for half a month. On the last day at the end of the month, the weather finally cleared up.

Xie Lisa and Xie Yeri had been stuck in the room for half a month. They had been bored to the point of hair growing out of their hair. After the rain had stopped, they played around the entire Xie Clan mansion once more. Only then did they feel satisfied.

That afternoon their clothes arrived, and together Xie Lisa made a dozen or so clothes and laid them out in a long row on the chaise bed. She picked them up one by one. There was a short dress made of delicate green and red silk, as if it were made from clouds, as well as a dress made from Heavenly Blue Lake crepe and a dress made of goose yellow silk. Because the weather was hot, most of the clothes were worn during the spring and summer, so it was relatively cool.

She tried them all, and all of they were the right size, and for a moment it was clear that the rain had darkened her mood. At once she selected the clothes she would be wearing in the next few days. They were a cherry blouse and a white dress, and she wore a pair of sandaled shoes, along with the accessories of the day, which she had chosen even better than the one that L?nanne had prepared for her.

One had to say, this young lady had quite the unique talent in dressing up.

On the seventh of February, when she had changed her clothes, she sat in front of the mirror and let Shuang Yu brush her hair.