8

Chapter 8: Mid-Autumn Festival (1)

In a flash, Xie Lisa had run over, and fussed over Xie Lisa. Thankfully her little sister hadn't actually gotten injured, otherwise she would have immediately burst into tears.

She turned her head, and her dark round eyes glared at Gao Wendy angrily.

Gao Wendy guiltily looked back at her, before her eyes turned to Xie Hanbin, and not knowing where to put her hands, she said, "I didn't, I didn't do it on purpose..."

Xie Hanbin expressionlessly asked, "What exactly did Xie Yeri do wrong to provoke Second Miss Gao's displeasure?"

If he hadn't come at that exact moment, Xie Yeri would have struck the fake mountain. She was only three years old, if something had happened to her, how would he explain it to his parents? Only such a poisonous and cruel person would actually harm such a small child.

Gao Wendy had finally found him after so long, yet she'd never thought that they would meet like that.

As she was already eight years-old, she already knew quite a bit.

She started to regret her earlier actions; if she'd known that he was, "It's Gao Taehyung gift to me so I didn't let her see...Later on she wanted to snatch it away, so I accidentally pushed her..."

Although Xie Yeri was still crying, her ears were still sensitive, and hearing this she immediately raised her head, saying, "Big brother I didn't snatch it, I didn't..."

Xie Hanbin looked to her, and used his hand to gently wipe away her tears, asking, "You wanted her hairpin?"

Xie Yeri's face was full of tears and snot as she nodded, face full of grievances.

Xie Hanbin didn't mean to blame her one bit, and gently patted her little bun, saying, "It's nothing, tomorrow Big Brother will get a prettier one for you. Ah Yeri already is pretty, so you should have an even prettier hairpin."

The underlying meaning of his words was that Gao Wendy's hairpin didn't look good enough.

Gao Wendy flushed, his words were even more humiliating than a direct admonishment. She immediately felt embarrassed, before she'd dressed up so well, yet he hadn't even taken a second glance at her.

After he'd comforted Xie Yeri, Xie Hanbin looked at her again, his expression returning to his usual peaceful one. "This is Xie fu, and this is Ah Yeri's house, since Second Miss Gao came as a guest, you should follow proper etiquette. If you don't know this, then you shouldn't come next time."

Despite his young age, Xie Hanbin was extremely protective of his younger sisters. They were his two baby sisters, if any short-sighted person bullied them, then he wouldn't be polite.

Gao Wendy was a prime example of this. She'd been excessively spoiled by her family, and there'd been numerous people who fell at her feet. After being scolded so harshly, her anger and humiliation lead to her spitting out one sentence. "What's so good about coming, if I can't come then I won't come!"

Saying this she tossed her head back and ran out of the courtyard.

From afar the two children playing on the swings saw their sister running, and didn't think much about it, continuing to play.

Having witnessed the entire scene play out, Gao Taehyung apologised on behalf of his sister, saying, "I'm really sorry, when I go back home I'll report this to my family elders so that they can talk to her."

Xie Hanbin didn't reply, and carried Xie Yeri outside. As he turned around he said to Xie Lisa, "I'll bring Xie Yeri home first, Little Lamb, you should also be careful not to hurt yourself."