80

Chapter 80 Birthmark (Part 1)

After she was done with the lamp, she stood up.

In the distance, the river bank was brightly lit and filled with people. It was bustling with noise and excitement.

She wanted to take Jeon Jungkook to guess the riddle, but after a few steps, she suddenly stopped. She didn't know if it was an illusion, but she felt that there was someone following them.

However, when they thought about it carefully, they felt that it was impossible. They were standing in the dark, so who would be able to see them?

She thought she was overthinking it. She stood at the intersection of the lake and the street, inadvertently raising her gaze to the second floor of a teahouse. Indeed, she met a pair of sharp and deep eyes.

The teahouse was set up right in front of the street. People swarmed towards the door of the teahouse. The first floor had a storyteller telling the story. The second floor was a private room. The attic was exquisite. It was clear that this was not a place where ordinary people came and went. She saw the man sitting by the window with two men in the uniform of the guards standing behind him. The man greeted her with a smile.

The First Prince?

Xie Lisa did not expect to meet him here, after a moment of astonishment, a feeling of discomfort gradually welled up in her heart.

She can't say .... Instinctively, she did not like Jeon Namjoon.

Jeon Jungkook noticed her abnormality and followed her gaze. When he saw the people on the roof, his expression didn't change, but his fists under his sleeves tightened secretly.

There were people blocking their way through the streets. Soon, the First Prince's guards walked out of the teahouse and came up to them. "The Prince Ping invites the Sixth Highness to come down and take a seat upstairs."

The First Prince Jeon Namjoon was bestowed the title of Prince by the Jeon Gong Yo Emperor when he was eighteen years old. He was currently residing in the Prince Ping's Mansion outside the palace. The 'Ping' that Jeon Gong Yo Emperor bestowed upon him contained many profound meanings. It was most likely meant for him to calm his heart and live a peaceful life. However, the Jeon Gong Yo Emperor did not understand his own children, Jeon Namjoon was the first born son of the former Empress, how could he be willing to be an ordinary prince?

Now, the Jeon Gong Yo Emperor was strong and healthy. Before the age of abdication, if anything happened to his body, perhaps the day of Jeon Namjoon's rebellion would come.

His military strength was now on par with the Crown Prince's, while Jeon Jungkook was highly valued by the Jeon Gong Yo Emperor, and he had control of the two hundred thousand soldiers at the border. If he could take Jeon Jungkook under his command, it would be like adding wings to a tiger. Then, the outcome of the battle between Jeon Namjoon and the crown prince would be decided.

Unfortunately, Jeon Jungkook belonged to the Crown Prince.

He had tried his best to win him over, but to no avail.

In addition to the irreconcilable contradictions between Jeon Jungkook and him, there was still something he couldn't resolve. He wanted to bribe Jeon Jungkook, it was not that simple.

Jeon Jungkook paused for a moment, then tactfully declined, "The Prince's Wife not feeling well, please help me inform Big Brother, we are preparing to return to our Mansion, so we will not go up."

The guard straightened up, glanced at Xie Lisa, nodded, and turned back to report.

Xie Lisa stared in the direction he had left until the guard went upstairs to report to the First Prince. The First Prince raised his teacup and shook his head in regret. Only then did they leave.