94

Chapter 94 - Canglang

Inside the Palace Xuanshi, Emperor Jeon Gong Yo was seated on a dragon throne.

The hall was deathly silent.

The eunuchs on both sides of the Dragon Throne stood with their heads bowed, not even daring to breathe. They were afraid that they would accidentally enrage His Majesty.

A long time later, Emperor Jeon Gong Yo finally opened his mouth: "You said that Old Sixth sent people to assassinate you, do you have any evidence?"

Jeon Namjoon had someone present a treasured sword, so he said in a serious tone: "This weapon was picked up from the ground the night I was assassinated. There are carvings of Qilin markings on it, only the Sixth Brother's elite soldiers wear this weapon, father, please inspect it."

Emperor Jeon Gong Yo took it, and read it carefully over and over again, but did not say a word.

Jeon Namjoon was completely confident so he was not in a hurry at all.

Emperor Jeon Gong Yo returned the sword back to its original state.

He was puzzled, "father ...."

Just as Emperor Jeon Gong Yo was about to speak, a the young eunuch came in and reported, "Your Majesty, this An Wang wishes to seek an audience."

What a coincidence.

Emperor Jeon Gong Yo announced Jeon  Jungkook as he entered.

Before long, Jeon Jungkook appeared at the entrance of the hall wearing an indigo persimmon robe. He walked forward with wide steps, and when he saw Jeon Namjoon kneeling inside the hall, he was startled. His eyes darkened, and calmly went forward to kneel in front of Emperor Jeon Gong Yo. Emperor Jeon Gong Yo did not let any of them go, and instead asked mischievously: "What, you two brothers agreed to come over together?"

Jeon Namjoon looked at Jeon Jungkook and called him "Sixth Brother" against his will.

Jeon Jungkook, however, did not reply. He retrieved an item from his sleeve and handed it over to Emperor Jeon Gong Yo, "This son has something that father can take a look at."

Emperor Jeon Gong Yo indicated for the eunuch by his side to take it.

It was a letter painted with fire lacquer, and it stated the time and place Jeon Namjoon had been in contact with the People of Western Yi the past two years. During the first year, they had not interacted much with each other. However, during the first half of this year, they had met with Western Yi's Great General Cha Ge'er no less than five times.

When Emperor Jeon Gong Yo saw it, his expression turned ugly. He held the paper tightly and crumpled it, then threw it in front of the two of them.

"I'm not dead yet, but you guys can't sit still!" He was extremely furious, taking the treasured sword from the elder's hands and pointing it at the two of them, he said angrily: "Brother, what's wrong? To expose each other? "Do you really want to sit in my place that badly?"

Since the time Jeon Namjoon came, Emperor Jeon Gong Yo was already not in a good mood. Now that Jeon Jungkook had added fuel to the fire, he naturally could not help but explode.

The contents of Jeon Jungkook's letter could not not be trusted but also believed. Whether or not Jeon Namjoon had come into contact with the People of Western Yi, had to be investigated thoroughly.

However, this did not mean that he could just stand by and watch them fight amongst themselves.

Emperor Jeon Gong Yo's eyes were red, if not for his father-in-law's warning, he really would have stabbed a few holes into them.