83

Chapter 83 - The 49th Day

Not long later, Madam Dara arrived with Xie Yeri.

Xie Yeri had caught a cold a few days ago and had only recovered from it. Ever since she was pushed into the water by the Lin Family's servant maid, her health wasn't very good and she caught cold easily. Even after raising her body for these few days, she still hadn't been able to recuperate. Xie Lisa's heart ached for her. Originally, she did not want her to come, but she said that she missed the sis and wanted to follow her.

Since Madam Dara couldn't do anything about her, she gave her two additional clothes and brought her to the Grand Secretariat's mansion as a guest.

Once she arrived at backyard, she immediately pounced towards Xie Lisa happily, complaining: "What is sis doing in the palace all day, why aren't you coming to see me?"

Xie Lisa caught her and laughed as she scratched her nose, "Didn't I go to see you the day before yesterday? You forgot in the blink of an eye? "

She thought about it for a moment, and it seemed to be true.

Madam Dara went to the side to talk with Liu Shi, leaving the scene to the girls. Jeon Jennie and Gu Mina were the closest to each other, and often visited the Grand Secretariat's mansion as their guests. This was why they knew that the backyard had a piece of Jade Orchid, and would blossom into a pink flower every spring. The Gu family's flowers were different from the others', they had been blooming for a long time, and were not defeated yet.

It was related to how Gu Mina was raised.
Jeon Jennie then suggested that they take a look. Coincidentally, there were stone tables and stools under the trees, they could sit under the trees and drink tea and pass the time. When Xie Lisa heard that Gu Mina's big brother knew painting, she could not help but be curious to see what kind of talent he had.

Arriving at the Yulan Academy, Gu Mina asked the servant maids beside her to go and bring the Gu Clan's Eldest Young Master Gu Ce's painting over.

Very quickly, servant maids returned with two paintings.

Gu Mina unfurled in front of them. One picture depicted a water lotus in a pond during summer, and the other depicted the silhouette of Gu Mina sitting under a tree. The water lily was vivid and lifelike, lazily lying on the surface of the water. The petals were beautiful, and one could even see the droplets of water on it clearly. Gu Mina who was in the other painting turned her body, and coincidentally blocked the birthmark on the other face. The beauty had a smile, and looked gentle and beautiful, as though the person in the painting was right in front of her, and could easily be touched with a single touch.

No wonder Jeo Jennie kept praising Gu Ce's painting skills.

Xie Lisa praised, "It's indeed beautiful ...."

In his own home, with only the few of them in the Yulan Academy, Gu Mina took off the veil covering his face, revealing a dark red birthmark beneath his eyes, showing his true appearance. At first, she was a little embarrassed, but when she saw that Xie Lisa and Xie Yeri's attitude was frank and did not look at her weirdly, she finally felt at ease and gradually relaxed.

Gu Mina personally made tea for them, and slowly pushed away the foam on the tea broth, then placed a cup in front of each of them, "This is the Jade Gear Spring that was delivered only this year, try it." After she finished speaking, she saw that Xie Yeri was still staring at the two paintings, and couldn't help but laugh, "If Seventh Miss likes it, then coincidentally, my brother is home today, I'll have him draw one for you, right?"

Xie Yeri revealed a happy expression, then shyly shook his head, "I think it's better not to trouble myself ... I'll just watch. "

Gu Mina said it was not troublesome, and unknowingly opened up a conversation, "My brother had just taken the High Scholar's Examination this year, and our family was celebrating for him. My father let him rest for a while, and now that he's free at home, he has nothing to do. If you like it, you can let him draw a picture to pass the time. "