42

Chapter 42 - Marry Me

On the fifth day of the fifth month, the sixth prince and the General of Agile Cavalry returned from their victory, and the people welcomed them at the gate of the city.

The sixth prince and the General had banded together to defeat Western Yi and had preserved land of Da Jing. They were the victors of Da Jing.

After returning to the palace, Emperor Jeon Gong Yo personally hosted a banquet to invite the officials of the imperial court to celebrate with the sixth prince and the general.

The next morning, Jeon Jungkook returned to the Qing Jia Palace. After sleeping for only two hours, he was awakened by the noise from outside.

The young eunuch Yuan Quan stood guard at the door, feeling awkward. He said to Jeon Jennie,  "Princess, Your Highness has just fallen asleep ..."

"He endured the hardships of a long journey, he probably didn't even have a good rest."

Jeon Jennie was in a hurry, so she didn't care about any of this at all. She got someone to push him to the side, then pushed open the door and entered. "Sixth Brother, Sixth Brother!"

After all, there were some rules so that she didn't directly break into the inner room and bring him up. Instead, she stood outside the screen and called out a few times.

Jeon jungkook did not open his eyes. He raised the back of his hand to his forehead and said in a hoarse voice, "Speak."

All these years, she had been spoiled even more unruly due to her father's love for her. They were no longer children, yet she actually barged in without a care for the difference between men and women. It seemed it was time for her to be properly taught.

Jeon Jennie went straight to the point. "Take me out of the palace once more."

Jeon Jungkook immediately refused, "I'm busy."

He had planned to get some sleep first, then take a shower and change his clothes to see Xie Lisa, but now it was impossible for him to get a good night's sleep.

He only wished that the last two matters would not be disturbed.

How could Jeon Jennie be so easily dismissed? If she wanted to go out of the palace, she had no choice but to beg him.

If he didn't agree, she would sit outside and waste her time with him. "If you don't take me out, I'll make a ruckus here!"

As she said this, she knocked the small black colored lid on the table, causing it to rattle loudly. "You agree or not?"

Jeon Jungkook frowned and asked impatiently, "What are you doing for going out of the palace?"

She blurted out, "To visit Xie Lisa."

The room was silent for a long time. Just when Jeon Jennie thought he was asleep, he asked in a hoarse voice, "Why do you want to see her?"

Jeon Jennie let out a long sigh, looking extremely sorrowful. "A few days ago, I met second brother at Palace Zhaoyang."

The second brother wore scented sachet embroidered by Ah Lisa and said that he would take her as his concubine. I wanted to ask her personally if it was true, but why did she never tell me? "

After finish talking, it became extremely silent in the room.

"Sixth Brother?"

she asked softly.

After a while, Jeon Jungkook's cold voice came out, "You said that second brother is going to take her as his concubine?"

Jeon Jennie nodded. She had heard the truth that day, so there shouldn't have been any mistakes.