126

Chapter 126

Until the late night, the rain did not seem to stop. Lightning and thunder roared outside the carriage, and a lot of raindrops fell into the carriage through the curtains, hitting Zhong Haruto on the face, bringing about a cool air. The guard sat on the carriage, soaked from the rain, but he didn't dare complain. He looked at you and asked tentatively, "Young Master, are we going back?"

Layers of dark clouds blocked the moon. It must be the end of the tenth century.

Zhong Haruto did not say a word the entire time, her exquisite jaw drew a cold arc, and only after a long time did she say: "No."

The guard sighed and resigned himself to his fate.

From the looks of it, he would have to wait outside for the whole night.

At the same time, the Duke Dingguo's Mansion was brightly lit, it was a lively scene.

Gu Yi couldn't refuse, so he stayed for the night. If he wanted to stay, Madam Dara and Xie Jiyong naturally could not ignore him. Not only did they invite him for a meal in the hall, they even had servant maids send blankets after the meal. Gu Yi was flattered and thanked him profusely. In truth, Xie Hanbin had a few blankets here, he could casually tidy up a room for him to live in, but the Madam Dara was too attentive, afraid that he would be wronged if there was anything that was not thoughtful.

Gu Yi had sent someone to meet him at home earlier, saying that he would stay in the Duke Dingguo's Mansion tonight and return tomorrow morning. Because it was raining at night, Xie Hanbin and Gu Yi took a rest early after washing up. The sound of rain could be heard outside the courtyard, accompanied by the sound of the wind blowing. To the ears, it sounded like the sound of wailing.

The heavy rain lasted all night and did not stop until dawn.

The courtyard was filled with shallow puddles of water while the in the porch was still dripping water. Raising his head, the sky was as clear as if it was a clean sheet of white. Xie Yeri used warm water to wash her face, as she walked out of the house while wiping her face. Looking at the courtyard, she asked: "Mr. Gu rested at Big Brother's place last night?"

She had slept early last night, and hadn't even gone to the front hall for dinner. It was this morning that she had heard servant maids speak. When he heard this news, he couldn't help but rejoice that he had slept early ... If he hadn't fallen asleep, he would definitely have been called out by his mother for dinner. At that time, it would have been very awkward facing Gu Yi.

Her father and mother wanted to pair her up with Gu Yi, so she knew. She had seen Gu Yi a few times and knew that he was a graceful, noble, and elegant young master. In the past, when they were able to meet openly, it was all her parents' fault for wanting her to marry him. It was so much that now, when she saw him, she felt unnatural.

Thinking about it, Xie Yeri sighed, and handed the handkerchief over to servant maids. Fortunately, Gu Yi left early this morning, and they didn't have a chance to meet.

After changing his clothes, Xie Yeri walked towards the front to eat breakfast. Looking around, there was only Madam Dara and Xie Jiyong. It seemed that Gu Yi had indeed left.

"Did Ah Yeri sleep well last night?" Madam Dara scooped a prawn dumpling into her bowl.

Xie Yeri liked to eat shrimp dumplings the most. She could eat seven or eight of those in one go. Looking at the table, there were quite a few dishes that she loved to eat. She forgot about the depression caused by Gu Yi staying the night. She picked up a dumpling and dipped it in sauce before taking a bite and saying, "Sure!"