50

Chapter 50 - Apologize

Jeon Jungkook stood up abruptly and said sternly: "Somebody!"

The servant maid hurriedly ran in. When she saw that his expression was unpleasant and thought that she had made some mistake, she knelt in front of him in panic and asked, "Your Highness, do you have any instructions?"

He asked, "Where is the Princess?"

"Where is she?"

The servant maid ventured to look at the bed. Seeing that Xie Lisa was not in there, she suddenly did a quick double take what was going on. She said with lingering fear, "Your Highness, the Empress said you would come back late. She had a light sleep at night, so she rested in the side room first."

Xie Lisa was too tired today to wait long enough to go to bed, but she was angry with him and did not intend to share the bed with him.

Anyway, they had already discussed this beforehand. After marriage, they would split the beds and sleep in the same room.

When Jeon Jungkook found out, his expression eased up a lot. He said to the servant maid, "You may leave."

The servant maid responded with a "yes" and retreated quietly.

There was only one lamp left in the room, and the candlelight flickered. It was estimated that it wouldn't last long.

Jeon Jungkook sat on the bed for a moment, then suddenly stood up. He tried to knock on the door of the side room, but before he could raise his hand, he let his hand fall.

He repeated it three or four times, so that he began to look down on himself.

She was in there. Why would he not dare to go in?

Aren't they getting married? Shouldn't they be sleeping in the same bed as a matter of course?

But before the marriage, he had promised not to touch her.

Jeon Jungkook struggled for a long time before lying back on his bed. He gazed at the bright red embroidered gold curtain above his head and recalled that it was his wedding night. For some reason, he suddenly felt a little desolate.

He jumped up, and no longer cared about the promise, he strode to the door of the side room and the inner room, lightly pushing with his hand.

The door was not open.

He frowned and pushed again, but still didn't open it.

Didn't he tell the steward not to put the bolt on?

In fact, the steward did not have a bolt on, but when Xie Lisa came in, she found the door unlatched, so in case someone had evil designs, she ordered Shuang Yu and Shuang Yan to bring the table and put it against the door.

He stood in the doorway for a moment, and then called out, "Xie Lisa?"

There was no response, and Xie Lisa went to bed early.

Since he had made up his mind, he would not give up so easily. With a heavy push, the gate was pushed open a wide crack.

"What's that?" Xie Lisa was wakened by the noise. She asked Shuang Yu, who was sitting on the edge of Xie Lisa's bed. "What's that?"

Shuang Yu stared at Jeon Jungkook, who was crawling in through the crack in the door, dumbfounded. She stammered, "It's, it's..."

Jeon Jungkook gave her a sidelong glance. She did not dare to continue.

Xie Lisa thought it was nothing, so rolled over and went back to sleep. Before she went to sleep, she said, "Remember to keep your eyes on the table."

At the time she said this, Jeon Jungkook was already by the bed.