68

Chapter 68 - Bitterness

Calculating the time, it was nearly a year since the two of them had met each other last time.

When he left Qing Zhou last year, Xie Lisa was only 14 years old, Gao Taehyung was still a straightforward youth. Now that he saw her again, they felt like they were in another world.

Gao Taehyung was much darker than last year. It was probably because he had bathed in the sun when he was in the army. His skin was a healthy dark wheat color, and he was also taller than last year.

Xie Lisa almost didn't recognize him at first, and if he hadn't looked at her with such familiarity, she would have thought it was some passing son of a official.

Zhong Haruto and Gao Taehyung walked up to her. Zhong Haruto called "fourth sister" and then looked at Xie Lisa. He didn't need any introductions as he had known her identity. "This must be the sixth prince's wife."

Before they came here, they heard that the person who fell into the water was the six daughters of the Xie family. At this moment, they were standing close to each other, and the person who looked similar to Xie Yeri could only be her older sister, Xie Lisa.

With this thought, he patted Gao Taehyung's shoulder without leaving a trace and introduced him with a natural attitude: "This is Gao Taehyung, and his father is a recording officer in Qing Zhou. He is in the same army camp as I am and holds the position of a Chiliarch."

This was the first time that Zhong Rou had met Gao Taehyung. She nodded at him and said, "My brother is in the army, so I'll have to trouble you to take care of him."

When Zhong Haruto heard this, he didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Zhong Rou was only a year older than him, but she carried the airs of an old man everywhere. She cared for him and even looked down on his ability.

She had never once looked at those unskilled young men he had brought home, but now that he had turned over a new leaf and made good friends with gentlemen, she only managed to change her opinion of him. Since then, she would thank the one he brought home once or twice.

It seemed that the only reason he had today's repentance was because of the other party's achievements.

Zhong Haruto was already used to her actions, so he didn't stop her. He only smiled and had an attitude of "watching on the wall".

Gao Taehyung regained his wits and shook his head. "Miss Zhong's words are heavy. He took care of me most of the time. So I don't dare to ask for credit in front of Miss Zhong."

After the end of the talk, his eyes involuntarily turned to Xie Lisa, who was standing at the side.

Xie Lisa had recognized him. Her eyes were filled with smiles as if they were old friends who hadn't seen each other for long time. "When did you come to the capital?"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

She actually blamed him first.

Gao Taehyung pursed his lips helplessly, and said frankly without any blaming tone. "What do you want me to tell you when you come to the capital without a word?"

Xie Lisa knew it was her fault, so she smiled ashamedly. "We were in a hurry, and I wanted to tell you, but you were in the army, so I gave up."

She didn't expect to meet him again in the capital. She was both surprised and happy. "Did you come by yourself?"

"My uncle and aunt are not with you? "

He nodded, "I came by myself. I just arrived in capital not long ago."