54

Chapter 54 – The Raining Night

It was the servant maid, Qing Xia.

He didn't have a deep impression of the maid in the room, so it took him a while to recall her name.

He frowned. "What are you doing here?"

Qing Xia was holding an oil lamp in her hand. When she saw him awake, she stood a few steps away from him with her eyes lowered and her voice almost inaudible under the thunder. "I saw that the lamp in the inner room has gone out, wishing to renew it for Your Highness."

Jeon Jungkook laid back down and said without a word, "No need, you may leave."

Tonight, she and Sun Ya were on duty. Sun Ya had long since fallen asleep on the doorframe.

She paused, then asked hesitantly, "The wind is blowing heavily tonight, is Your Highness cold?"

"Do you want me to bring you another blanket? "

At this moment, Jeon Jungkook only wanted to be left alone. He felt that her voice was very noisy, so he said in an unfriendly tone, "Go to the side room and see if the princess is awake. If she's awake, come and tell me."

Qing Xia bowed and turned to look at the bed. She saw his arm resting on his forehead with one of his legs bent. It was obvious that he was upset.

Her eyes flashed, and it was unknown what she was thinking.

When she arrived at the door of the side room, Qing Xia lightly knocked on the door twice.

The door was quickly opened, revealing half of Shuang Yan's faces. "What's the matter?"

She said, "It's raining heavily tonight. His Highness sends me to ask if the princess is sleeping well?"

Shuang Yan nodded. "Very good, you may go back."

She looked inside, but it was dark and she couldn't see what was inside.

She could only see a blurry shadow curling up into a ball. She didn't know if she was sleeping or waking up.

She said yes, then closed the door and retreated.

She entered the mansion after it was completed. At that time, she had only heard that the sixth prince was about to be married, and that this mansion was prepared for the future princess.

At first, she thought that the relationship between the sixth prince and the future Princess was compatible, and they loved each other that no one could shook. Who knew that on the first day of their marriage, the sixth prince would leave the Princess alone in their bridal chamber until deep into the night before returning.

In addition, they still split up to sleep in separate rooms.

This shocked the servant maids in the room, but they had been told by the steward that if any one of them brought this matter to light, they would not be able to bear the consequences.

Although everyone was surprised, they all held it in in their hearts. No one dared to say it, much less discuss it.

The next morning, the princess and the sixth prince got into an argument.

The servant maids secretly guessed that the sixth prince must have been dissatisfied with His Majesty granting the marriage, which was why he had been at loggerheads with princess so often not long after their wedding.

Once, when everyone had been holding it in for too long, they couldn't help but whisper to each other in the servants' room, "If this goes on, won't His Highness divorce the princess?"