76

Chapter 76 - Honesty(Part 1)

Shortly after she got into the carriage and drove off, someone came out of the alley behind her on a horse and followed her slowly.

The person on the horse was dressed in a brocade robe and stood tall and straight. It was none other than Gao Taehyung.

Ever since Madam Li's death last time, he had felt that something was going to happen to the Sixth Prince's Mansion. Occasionally, he would come and take a look nearby. It was probably due to his righteous nature that the servants at the door didn't suspect him at all. Today, when there was nothing going on in the army, he and Zhong Haruto went out together. Zhong Haruto went home to take care of what his father had told him, and he came to the nearest street of the Sixth Prince's Mansion.

I didn't expect to meet Xie Lisa.

The servant maids also brought two bundles of luggage. Xie Lisa got into the carriage, which was heading in the direction of the Duke Dingguo's Mansion. It was an unusual sight to see. Gao Taehyung was worried, so he didn't wait for her to leave before following her. He was afraid of being discovered, so he kept a certain distance from her and followed her slowly.

The carriage walked for a while and came to a street.

There weren't many people on this street. There were many houses on both sides, and there were only two or three pedestrians on the street.

There were more people on the street just as they crossed an arched bridge, but the horse in which she was riding suddenly lost control, whinnied, and galloped into the crowd.

The pedestrians on the street were frightened and fled to the sides.

The wagon overturned a vegetable stall by the side of the road, but the runaway horse did not stop.

The carriage was tilting from side to side. Even from far away, people could still hear the cries of alarm coming from inside.

Gao Taehyung was startled and hurriedly grabbed the reins and rushed forward.

The horse looked as if it had been provoked by something. Gao Taehyung  galloped to the front of the carriage. He reached for the reins of the horse, ignoring the danger.

However, the horse's front hooves were moving and it almost stepped on him.

In desperation, he snatched the sugar man's pole from the side of the road and struck the horse's front hooves from the side. The horse fell forward under the weight of the blow and then calmed down.

He jumped on the wagon, lifted the curtain, and looked inside. "Ah Lisa?"

The two maidservants in the carriage looked at him with fear and trepidation. They had placed Xie Lisa in the middle of the carriage.

She looked up, her face pale, and was shocked to see him. "Why are you here?"

He could not explain and could only lie: "On the way, I saw that the carriage was out of control, so I went up to help. I recognized that this was the Sixth Prince's Mansion's carriage."

She smiled weakly. "Thank you."

Her forehead was beaded with sweat, and she kept her hand on the ankle of her left foot. He blurted out, "What's wrong with your foot?"

Shuang Yu explained for her: "My girl didn't sprained her foot much when the carriage crashed into the wall." Words were full of worry.

Gao Taehyung immediately tensed up. "I'll take you to see a doctor!"

As he spoke, he walked into the carriage.

After all, men and women were different, so Xie Lisa shook her head and refused, "No need..." "Shuang Yu and Shuang Yan can accompany me."