79

Chapter 79 part 1 - Lantern Festival (part 1)

After sending Jieun off, Xie Lisa felt that the whole mansion was quiet.

She had her servants put everything in the Pavilion Changqing back, cleaning up inside and outside of the courtyard, cleaning up all traces of Jieun's residence before letting it go.

When Jeon Jungkook returned from the palace, she was instructing her servants to throw away all the tables and chairs Jieun had used and replace them with new ones.

She stood in the courtyard of the Pavilion Changqing, looking so adorable even when she was bossing around.

Liu Lan carried the bedding and pillow that Jieun had used before and walked out. She asked, "Empress, do you still keep these things?"

She righteously asked, "Do you want to keep it for the new year?"

When she turned her head and saw Jeon Jungkook looking at her meaningfully, she blushed and ran to him, "I threw away all the things that Jieun used. Are you angry?"

He lowered his eyes and did not find it strange at all. "Why am I angry?"

"Because it costs a lot of money to buy things back," she said.

That miser's small appearance made him feel that it was funny.

Ignoring the servants, Jeon Jungkook pinched her face, "Do I look poor?"

She giggled, covered her face and took a step back. "Not poor."

Little bastard.

Jeon Jungkook stared at her. Suddenly, he stepped forward, grabbed her hand, and led her out of the Pavilion Changqing. On the way back to the Haoyue Courtyard, he said, "In the future, everything in the mansion will belong to you. You can buy whatever you want."

There were many servants on the road, but when they saw them, they curtsied.

"So good?"

He looked back at her helplessly, perhaps thinking she was uninterested. "Do I usually treat you badly?"

She nodded without thinking. "Of course not, but it's so bad."

This was especially for the times she had just married into. Just thinking about it made her feel very wronged. At that time, she only felt that she had fallen into a wolf's nest. She didn't have any chance to escape, and didn't even have the confidence to speak. She was like a little daughter-in-law. She didn't know how he got better... Their relationship had changed since she'd returned home.

Jeon Jungkook wanted to retort, but after thinking for a moment, he realized that it was indeed the case.

He walked in front and made a sound of apology.

He said something else, but she didn't catch it. She chased him and asked what he had said, but he wouldn't say it a second time.

He kept his mouth shut, no matter what she said.

As they walked, it suddenly started snowing. It seemed to be snowing all the time this winter, and snow showed the rich of next year, There would be definitely a good harvest in the fields next year. Jeon Jungkook went back to the room and brought her a cloak to wrap around her. He didn't let the servants follow them as he led her to the backyard.

The lake in the backyard was covered in a thick layer of ice. Standing at the heart of the lake, one could see most of the scenery in the mansion.

"What did you bring me here for?" Xie Lisa said with her red nose because of the cold.