48

Chapter 48 - Getting Married

The sixth prince's Mansion was already in the stage of completion.

There was a large lake in the backyard. An eight-pointed pavilion was built in the middle of the lake, and the Nine Winding Bridge stretched out towards the shore. On the shore, there were two rows of willow trees and a row of poplars.

Next to the backyard was a moonlit door. Inside the door was a cobblestone path that led into the depths. Looking up, under the cover of the leaves of the parasol tree, one could faintly make out the signboard of the courtyard — Spring Blossom Castle.

This was the small courtyard that Jeon Jungkook had instructed the steward to specially construct. The furnishings inside were the same as the Xie family's Spring Blossom Castle in Qing Zhou.

Xie Jiyong created a small courtyard for Xie Lisa and Xie Yeri, which was decorated in their favorite style, with a vine swing and a brook.

On his memory, Jeon Jungkook made people build identical courtyards.

He walked out into the yard and looked. The wisteria flowers on the flower racks had failed, and the swings had changed from two to one. The rest was the same.

For a moment, he thought that he was still in Qing Zhou.

He stood on the arched bridge and looked down at the carp in the pond. Suddenly, he remembered something and said to the steward, "Go get two turtles and put them in the pond."

The steward didn't think much of it. He thought that he liked it, so he record it down.

Not that Jeon Jungkook liked them. He done it only because he recalled thelittle QianSui and thebig QianSui of young Xie Lisa and wanted to impress her.

Other than the Spring Blossom Castle, the other areas had also been built extremely well.

Especially between the side room and the inner room of the main room, according to Jeon Jungkook's instructions, there was a cabinet with virid yarns. There was no lock, and if one wanted, he could enter and leave at any time.

After seeing it, Jeon Jungkook was very satisfied. When the beds and wardrobes were ready, it would be really like a home.

The steward had hired a dozen carpenters to make furniture, such as tables, chairs, beds, and tables in a small courtyard. In just one month, they had all been done.

Not only did they worked quickly, they were also very meticulous. The steward led his men to take a look around, but he didn't find any flaws at all.

The steward paid off the carpenters and carried the furniture to the courtyards, arranging them one by one.

All that remained were some minor details.

Originally, letting the steward handle all of it would be fine, but every day, Jeon Jungkook would take the time to come over and see if there was anything he needed to improve.

He cared more than the steward, and even the colors of the bed sheets had been chosen by himself ...

The steward was shocked at first, but gradually got used to it, so he let him go.

The bridal chamber was more elaborate than anywhere else, with two palisander chairs and a square table, on which were white glazed vases and pine potted plants, and large blue and white porcelain vases on either side.

In the inner room, there was a carved cabinet with a dresser beside it. On the other side, there was a bed made of yellow pears. The bed was draped with curtains, and on top of the bed was a quilt with a big red embroidered pattern of fish. It was the most festive place in the room.