17

Chapter 17 – Assassination

Outside the house, Shuang Yu cackled twice, but no one answered.

At first she thought Xie Lisa was talking to Li Jungkook, so she didn't go in, but after a while they didn't come out.

Only then did she realize that something was wrong, and she entered the room.

"Second Miss?"

However, there was no one in the room. She walked around the screen and looked inside, but there was no sign of Xie Lisa and Li Jungkook!

Panicking, she searched the room inside and outside, but she couldn't find Xie Lisa.

How was this possible, she had seen the second miss enter the room just now? How come she disappeared in the blink of an eye! Only now did she notice that the bed was a little messy and the window was slightly open. It was obvious that someone had just left.

Shuang Yu hurried out of the room and chased after him. "Second Miss, Young Master Li!"

The people in the temple were all busy fighting the fire, so no one noticed her situation. She didn't dare to delay any further and hurriedly ran to the front to notify Xie Jiyong and Madam Dara.

Unfortunately, it was already too late. Xie Lisa and Li Jungkook had already been taken away.

Xie Lisa was carried on someone else's shoulder, a rag stuck in her mouth, and she couldn't even scream. The man who carried her walked on the rough mountain road, making her stomach hurt. She was clearly extremely afraid, but she didn't dare to cry out. She was afraid that if she made a sound, the other party would kill her.

Just now, she had gone to Li Jungkook's room to look for him. As soon as she entered the room, before she could see what was going on inside, a hand had covered her from behind.

The hand was rough and dry with a thick cocoon on it. It was obviously not Li Jungkook's hand.

She was about to struggle when she saw another person pick up Li Jungkook and glare at her fiercely, "If you dare to shout, I'll kill you."

The fair of eyes were so sharp and fierce that she immediately shut her mouth in fear.

Li Jungkook had not expected her to come. He was calmer than she was, but he was still a child after all. He couldn't help but yell at her: "Why are you standing there? Why don't you run?"

Without any hesitation, Xie Lisa broke away from the hand and turned to run.

She thought that if she ran away, she could find her parents to save big brother Xiao Jungkook. She didn't want to die here.

But before she reached the door, the person carrying Li jungkook regretted it. He raised his chin towards his partner and said, "Bring her with you, and we'll settle it together."

The two people carrying them were both dressed in black with their faces covered. Their facial features could not be seen clearly, and one could only tell that they were martial artists that they were not weak. They each carried a child to the halfway point of the mountain. Originally, they wanted to resolve this problem on the spot, but they felt that they were too close to the temple and could easily be seen through.

They nearly bounced out Xie LIsa's breakfast and lunch out of her stomach before they stopped and threw her and Li Jungkook to the ground.

The back of her head hit the trunk of the tree, and her upper and lower teeth caught her tongue, and the pain made her tear up.

She sobbed and forced herself not to cry as she subconsciously reached out to grab Li Jungkook.

Li Jungkook was slightly better off than her. At least he wasn't injured. He quickly got up and stood in front of her. He lifted his delicate eyebrows and looked at the two men in black, "Who are you two? What are you going to do?"