41

Chapter 41 - Liangdi

Xie Lisa didn't tell Xie Yeri and she didn't tell Xie Hanbin. Even if she did, it wouldn't help. She spent a few days in the house, thinking, but she couldn't think of a better way.

She thought that if she went to ask help of Duke Dingguo, he would definitely help them.

However, this was not a long-term plan, not to mention that there was the old lady standing in the middle of it. It would not be easy.

She remembered that she had accumulated a lot of precious jewelry and pearls in Qing Zhou. Some were gifted to her during the holidays by others, and some were given to her by Gao Taehyung on a whim. Anyway, most of them were useless. If she pawned them, she would get a lot of money.

With this thought, she immediately jumped off the bed and began to rummage through her things.

These things were scattered, and had not been tidied up since returning to the capital. It took Xie Lisa two hours to sort out a small box of jewellery.

Even though the box was small, the items inside were extremely valuable. A single Jade Beaded Golden Peacock hairpin with three pearls embedded in it was definitely worth a lot of money.

Xie Lisa did not wear them often, because they were too expensive. It's better to be pawn them to support family.

She called Shuang Yu and Shuang Yan in. "Tomorrow you'll take these things out to the street and find a pawnshop. Pawn them."

Shuang Yu was confused. She opened the box and became surprise. "Why did the girl want to pawn these jewels?"

"You've never worn one. "

She didn't think much of it. These were only the tip of the iceberg. She still had a lot of them left in her trunk. Her top priority right now was to lighten up the burden on her family.

"It's in the way here."

Shuang Yu took out an emerald fish jade hairpin, feeling it was a little familiar, "Isn't this a gift from the Gao Family's young master for your twelveth birthday?"

Xie Lisa touched her cheek, and made a gesture of being quiet. Though she knew no one was going to be there, she still didn't want to be heard. "Keep your voice down."

"Don't tell anyone."

In fact, she also felt a bit guilty. She heard that Gao Taehyung stole his mother's private money in order to buy this hairpin and was then fiercely taught a lesson by Madam zhao.

Actually, she rather liked this hairpin as well, but the jade on it was so bright that it was almost green. With just a glance, she knew that she could sell it for a good price ...

She struggled in her heart for a moment before silently taking the hairpin back. She then took out a jade lantern earrings. "Then I won't pawn this. Don't tell him."

Shuang Yu chuckled. "Miss should still care about Young Master Gao in your heart."

"He's a good companion to me. Of course I care about him."

Of course, she was well aware of Gao taehyung's thoughts, but she couldn't respond to him. She could only treat him as a good friend.

After Shuang Yu left, she sat in her room for a while, bored, then took a new silk handkerchief and began to embroider.

Around evening, the two returned from the street with a sandalwood box in their arms. One of them followed behind the other and sneaked into the room.

When Xie Lisa saw this, she thought they had just returned from being thieves, but she suddenly asked, "What's wrong with you guys?"