43

Chapter 43 - Granting Marriage

When he walked out of Cuiying attic, he saw Jeon Jennie standing at the entrance with her head tilted up, waiting for something to happen.

As soon as Jeon Jungkook came out, she excitedly surrounded him, her face full of curiosity. "Sixth Brother, do you know Ah Lisa?"

"When did you get to know her?"

"What did you talk with her? "

Jeon Jungkook didn't intend to answer her questions at all. He walked around her and got into the carriage. After she got on, he told the driver to return to the palace and then sat on the carriage with his eyes closed, deep in thought.

If the Crown Prince had already spoken to Emperor Jeon Gong Yo, then he would have to put on a show of competing with his elder brother for a woman.

If the Crown Prince didn't say anything, then it would be difficult for Xie Lisa to become a Royal's wife, according to Xie Lisa's identity as a daughter of concubine.

But before he set out, Emperor Jeon Gong Yo had promised him a condition.

He needs to make good use of it.

While Jeon Jungkook was analyzing the situation in detail, Jeon Jennie intransigently came over and asked the same question as before, "Sixth Brother, how did you guys get to know each other?"

His thoughts were interrupted, and he said slowly, remembering his childhood, "We were neighbors."

Jeon Jennie knew that before Jeon Jungkook had returned to the palace, he had stayed outside the palace for a very long time.

Even so, it was still somewhat strange to receive this answer. "Then, why did you pretend that you didn't know her when we were at Mingqiu Lake last time?"

Jeon Jungkook remained silent.

It wasn't that he pretended not to know her, but that little bastard had completely forgotten about him!

He was too angry at the time to turn around and walk away. He had been watching her from the dark, and he nearly couldn't help but grab her.

He should not have been anxious after all these years, but he had waited too long to find warmth in her, and that was why he was so angry when she did not think of him.

Jeon Jennie didn't care, because she still had a lot of questions. "What did you say to Ah Lisa?"

"Were not you waiting down there? Why did you go up to her? "

Jeon Jungkook closed his eyes and opened them after a long time. "Jennie."

He rarely called her by her title, and when he did, he was usually serious.

Jeon Jennie straightened her back, staring straight at him. "What?"

The carriage was walking on a spacious road. The wheels of the carriage made a dull noise, but sitting inside the carriage was perfect smooth. There was no bumpiness in the carriage.

After a long silence, Jeon Jungkook slowly said, "I want to marry Xie Lisa."

Jeon Jennie thought she had misheard him. Her chin nearly dropped to the bottom of her feet as she stuttered once more, "What, what did you say?"

He did not repeat, but simply said, "After we return to the palace, I will ask father for permission to marry her. If he doesn't agree, then speak up for me."

Emperor Jeon Gong Yo used to be in love with imperial concubine Hui, so he also doted on the two children of them.

If it was useless for one person to say it, then the two of them combined would be able to convince him.