73

Chapter 73 - Bullying

Madam Li's coffin had been resting in the mourning hall for three days before being carried away by servants of the prince's household to be buried.

On the day of the funeral, Jieun laid on the coffin and cried loudly. If it wasn't for the servant maids forcefully pulling her away, it was unknown how long she would be crying.

Mountain Qingyao had the graves of Jeon Jungkook's adoptive parents, Madam Song and Li Xiqing. Not long after Jeon Jungkook was taken back to the palace, he sent people to search for their corpses.

At that time, they were all killed on the mountain. By the time their corpses were found, only their bones were left. If it wasn't for the clothes, it would have been impossible to identify them.

After Madam Li's burial, Jeon Jungkook led Xie Lisa out of the carriage and walked towards the two graves in front.

The two graves was simple and crude. They were just two small mounds of earth. In front of the graves was tombstones with the words "The Spirit of Li Xiqing" and "The Spirit of the Li Clan's Song Jin" on it.

He took a jug of wine from Supervisor Zhao's hands and poured three cups each for the two of them on their graves. "Father, mother, forgive me for being unfilial. It's been a long time since I've come to visit you two."

He took Xie Lisa's hand and led her to the grave. "I brought Xie Lisa with me today."

Xie Lisa stared blankly at the two tombs in front of him. She opened her mouth but couldn't find the words "Aunt Song".

Although Jeon Jungkook had told her the whole story before, she still couldn't accept that the living person in her memories had suddenly appeared in front of her in a different way. As she watched, she suddenly felt that her eyes were sore.

In her memory, Auntie Song was such a gentle and kind person, why did she pass away in such an unexpected way?

Jeon Jungkook stood beside her and poured himself a glass of wine. He drank it all in one gulp and said, "We are married."

He spilled the rest of the wine in front of Li Xiqing's grave and paused for a moment before saying, "Don't worry ..."

"I'll be nice to her. "

Xie Lisa turned her head. Before she could see the expression on his face, he pulled her backward. "That's all, let's go."

Xie Lisa had to followed him. "I haven't spoken to Auntie Song yet."

He strode ahead, and from her angle all she could see was a cold profile.

His thin lips parted slightly. "You don't have to say anything."

After saying that, he led her towards the carriage parked by the roadside.

Xie Lisa staggered, unable to keep up with the pace, and simply let go of his hand to walk on her own.

She looked back at the two graves in the distance. There was a newly built mound of earth not far away, standing alone on the mountainside, surrounded by weeds.

No matter how glorious a person was in his lifetime, he would never escape a pile of dirt after his death.

When she finished, she turned around and saw Jeon Jungkook staring at her. He couldn't help but ask, "What are you looking at?"

Without a word, he took her hand and stepped into the carriage.

The mansion was holding the funeral, so they did not bring many maids with them. Outside the carriage, besides the coachman, was only steward Zhao.