56

Chapter 56 - Countermove

Xie Lisa had already known that the maid was not in the right mood, but she simply did not pointed it out.

Last time, Jeon Jungkook told everyone in the room to leave, but she didn't. She said she was worried that they wouldn't be on good terms with each other. Since then, Xie Lisa knew that this was a restless maid. She was usually quite honest, but today her performance was too obvious. She probably couldn't hold it in anymore, so she exposed her flaws.

Qing Xia was suddenly called out, and panic flashed across her face. Quickly, she lowered her head and said, "Empress, I am not looking at anything."

Xie Lisa was not easily fooled. She gave her a lackadaisical look. "Not looking at anything?" "Then I'm sitting here for a while, but you didn't pour the tea, where are your thoughts?"

"I ...." Qing Xia wanted to say something, but she hesitated. She wanted to say that Shuang Yu had gone to pour some tea ... But they had no room to refute what their master had said.

Xie Lisa insisted on getting to the bottom of the matter. "If you don't tell me the truth, I'm going to sell you to a trader in human beings." she threatened.

Qing Xia's face paled. They had all come out from the hands of the trades and knew what kind of life it was. Every day, the traders would always scold them, and there hadn't been a single good meal. She was immediately terrified and honestly explained, "In earlier I saw that you went out with His Highness, but now only you come back. Out of curiosity, I gave you a few more glances." She then admitted her mistake in fear and trepidation, "I know my mistake.I won't dare to look around in the future and begged the Empress not to sell me."

As soon as she finished speaking, Jeon Jungkook stepped in from outside. Upon hearing Qing Xia's words, he looked over and asked, "What's the selling thing?"

Qing Xia was sobbing. Looking at Xie Lisa, it seemed that she wanted to say something but she didn't dare to say.

Xie Lisa held her head with ong of her hands. "If there are any disobedient maids in the house, can I make the decision?"

Jeon Jungkook held another matter in his heart and said casually: "As you wish."

Xie Lisa looked towards Qing Xia, smiling, "Did you hear that?"

For a moment, Qing Xia was both ashamed and humiliated, but she quickly turned into a submissive manner, bowing slightly. "I heard you, may the Empress give me another chance, and I will do my best to serve you."

Xie Lisa asked her to leave. When she reached the door, Xie Lisa called out, "You've just come into the mansion, and many things you did are not as good as the Shuang Yu and Shuang Yan. Just follow them for a few days to help them."

The eight servant maids were originally of the same status. They were all personal attendants of the Sixth Prince and the Empress. This way, only the status of Qing Xia was lower than others of them by a level. Qing Xia's eyes immediately turned red. She subconsciously looked at Jeon Jungkook, but Jeon Jungkook didn't even glance at her. He was completely focused on coaxing his wife.

As soon as Qing Xia was leaving, Shuang Yu came in with a cup of tea. Just as she was about to ask what caused Qing Xia's eyes to turn red, she saw the strange atmosphere between Xie Lisa and Jeon Jungkook. She was with good eyesight, so she left without saying anything.

As soon as all of them left,Jeon Jungkook said: "I spoke too loudly."

The meaning behind his words was that he wasn't yelling her on purpose.

Xie Lisa tilted her head. "How loudly?"

He thought for a moment. "As loudly as I did just now."

All right. Xie Lisa's lips pursed. She added, "Then shouldn't you apologize to me now?"