Let It Snow

by Firefly119
7chpts long, each chpts seperation would be marked with an underscore

Sixteen year old Lilian Dulcia Evans was freezing. Had she not been in a crowd of muggles she would have certainly pulled out her wand and said a simple heating spell. For Lilian Evans was no ordinary girl. She was a witch, a witch who was on winter break from her sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the only school of its kind in Britain. However, at the moment, Lilian, or Lily as she was most commonly called, was a long way from home. In fact she had just gotten off a train in Zermatt, Switzerland. She sighed and zipped up her ski coat as high as it could go and looked for the nearest taxi. It was only one in the afternoon, so she didn't expect any of her friends to be at the hotel yet, but thought she might as well go and check in anyway. Snow swirled all around her and with her arms crossed over her chest, she speed walked to the taxi area.

Lily, her best friend Adelle and their boyfriends, Sirius and James respectively, were going to spend the last two weeks of their Christmas vacation skiing the Alps. It had been a long battle with their parents, but after each agreed to go home for Christmas first, they were free to spend two whole weeks skiing up a storm.

Lily grinned as she finally found a taxi and slid into the back seat. "TheSchöne Hütte, please." She said softly. Lily had always been a little shy. In fact, when she first found out she would be traveling alone, she was horrified. She hated speaking to strangers.

The taxi driver said nothing but pulled the car out of the station's parking lot and onto the street. They rode for nearly ten minutes before the taxi pulled to a stop in front of the Schöne Hütte. It was a huge, stately building, made entirely of gray stone.

"That'll be 7 Swiss Francs, miss." the driver said and waited patiently as Lily counted out the money. "Thank you, miss." He said as she gathered her bags and shut the door. With one last wave he sped off leaving Lily very much alone. She took a deep breath and gathered her courage to speak to lady at the front desk. She only hoped that she spoke English…

James Baldwin Potter ran a hand through his already-messy black hair and smiled charmingly at the woman behind the counter. "My name is Potter." He said. "I believe I have a reservation."

The lady typed furiously into her computer and nodded. "Yes, sir. Mr. Potter. May I see some ID?"

He showed her his passport.

She nodded. "One room, twin beds, alright?" she asked without looking up as she read off the screen.

He nodded. "That's fine," he said. "My friend should be checking in" He glanced at his watch and tried to remember what time Sirius' train was supposed to come in. "in the next hour or so, so be sure to have an extra key." He said and looked about the hotel as the woman went to fetch the key. It was nice enough, he supposed, but rather sterile for a ski lodge.

"Here you are, sir." The woman said and handed him his key. "and the elevators are around the corner." She pointed across the lobby to a small hallway.

He stared at her for a moment in confusion. Elevators? Then suddenly it clicked. Elevators were those things that took you up and down. He remembered now. "Oh, yeah, thanks." He said, grabbed the key and walked in the direction she had pointed to. He knew what elevators were, now if he could only remember how to work them…

"Next!" The woman called. Lily stepped up to the counter and took a deep breath. "Name?" The woman asked and stared at Lily scornfully through her glasses.

"E…Evans." she whispered.

The woman said nothing and typed it into her computer. "Do you have a reservation?" she asked impatiently