All I can say is, I was enchanted to meet you

by Annie (abriella63111) on archiveofourown.org

She had the worst luck in the world. That was the only way she could explain what was happening to her. Her life was in ruins there was nothing left for her. Okay maybe that was overdramatic but that's how Lily felt. After the events of this afternoon she felt alone with no one to turn too.

Of course that wasn't accurate she still had Marlene, Alice and Mary but Severus had been her childhood best friend and losing him like that hurt more than she could imagine. She should have seen this coming. She should have realized that when he first started hanging out with blokes like Rosier and Malfoy.

She should have done something more. Lily shook her head no, she wasn't going to go down that road again Severus made his choice and there was nothing more that she could have done. She then proceeded to get some wine out of the kitchen cabinet. Though she was not one to get drunk on a Thursday evening for once she believed that today called for this.

Lily woke up the next to the sound of her alarm and a pounding headache. She snoozed the alarm and rubbed her temple. Getting drunk on a weekday was a bad idea but going to work hung-over was an even worse idea. She would be lucky if McGonagall didn't fire her today.

She rushed to get ready and managed get out the door and in her car under fifteen minutes a new record even for her. She picked up some coffee and a croissant for breakfast and managed to reach Gryffindor Publishing only five minutes late.

She worked as a junior editor under one of the best editors in the company Minerva McGonagall. She loved her job, helping authors publishing their work and reading the manuscripts to find new talent and the best part was that the job paid well. She went to her desk and started to check her mail for a Friday her workload was quite light.

There was nothing major that required her attention she answered her emails went through some drafts making some notes on the margins. The day was not as hectic as usual and she was thankful for it as she doubted that she would have been able to get much work done today anyway with the massive headache that didn't seem to want to go away.

Realizing that she had some free time she opened Instagram and went to check her DM's and almost died of shock. There in recent chats it said James Potter active five hours ago. She clicked on the chat and scrolled up. It looked like drunk Lily had decided to open Instagram in the middle of the night to text a celebrity but what surprised her was that he had replied. No it had to be a joke there was no way the actual James Potter soccer star and one of the most popular people in the world had replied to her but he had and she could see the blue tick of the verification sign.

As she reached to the top of the conversation she vaguely remembered going through peoples stories and replying to James poll about how everyone was feeling and had jokingly asked him if he would be interested in egging her ex best friend's house this weekend and he had replied, that had ended up with her telling him how her best friend had betrayed her, and giving him her address but more surprising was him agreeing to her plan. She sighed out loud it was probably a joke there was no way that he would actually show up and decided to not over think it because for now she had work to do.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lily put her bag on the kitchen counter and started searching for whatever leftovers she had. After the day she had she was more than ready for a relaxing weekend, Gilderoy Lockhart had shown up just as she was about to leave and had demanded to see McGonagall about his new books cover because apparently his shirt was clashing with the background. Honestly how McGonagall managed to maintain her temper with him was beyond her.