World's End

by psc07

Sirius Black liked to think that he was a genius. Not only himself had this status, but also his friends. The Marauders were, in fact, a group of very smart boys. Peter Pettigrew wasn't that smart, but he could handle himself. His brown hair and eyes didn't go exactly well with his round body, so he wasn't neither handsome, nor ugly. He wasn't a top student, but he also wasn't the worst.

Remus Lupin was a quiet bloke. He had sandy hair and light eyes, though the exact colour was hard to say. He had his secrets, like the fact he fancied a seventh year from Ravenclaw, or that he sometimes made his homework the day before they were due to or maybe the fact he was a werewolf.

James Potter was Sirius's best friend. Hazel eyes behind round spectacles, untamed black hair and a smirk that made almost every girl faint. Almost. Despite the fact he was Head-Boy, James was also the mind of one third of the Marauders' pranks, leaving the other two thirds to Sirius and Remus.

Sirius had black hair too, but his had special treatment (at least twenty minutes of it every morning). His eyes were blue and his charm was as good as James's. Maybe better, as Lily had been his friend longer than she had been James's.

And Lily was the exception for James's charm. Sirius thought it was very funny, really. The only girl his best mate had real feelings for, hated his guts until six months ago. Yes, working together as heads had made Lily befriend James, but James wanted more.

And that was when Sirius had to act. That was when he admired his own intelligence. He had, of course, a plan. He couldn't, however, let James know about the plan or Sirius would be a dead man. And, after all, he was too handsome to die.

But he couldn't make his plan happen by himself, so he asked Remus and Peter to help him, while James was at Quidditch practice. He started his plan before his friends joined him, because the faster they finished planning, the better. Neither Lily nor James could hear about it, so Sirius chose the only place possible: the Heads Tower.

So when Remus and Peter entered the Heads Tower, they found Sirius with a muggle newspaper and tons of parchment. Remus sighed; this could not be good.

"Moony! Wormtail!" Sirius said in delight "What a surprise to have you here!"

Remus rolled his eyes and sat down next to his friend.

"Padfoot, you told us to come."

"Right you are, dear friend." Sirius replied, a wide grin on his face. "I've got a brilliant plan!" He announced happily and Remus and Peter groaned.

"We've already talked about this, Padfoot. No more plans. We've grown up, remember? Prongs is Head-Boy now, he can't help us. I'm a prefect, I can't help you. And if you working alone with Wormtail is guarantee of detention."

"Where's Prongs, by the way?" Peter asked frowning.

"You've got a point, Wormy!" Sirius said, ignoring completely everything Remus had just said. "Where's Prongs, indeed?"

"He's in the Quidditch pitch, you tosser, you know that perfectly well." Remus replied. "And the question is: why did you set up a meeting about a plan-"

"Brilliant plan!" Sirius corrected him, but Remus ignored.

"-knowing that Prongs wouldn't be here?"

"Because Prongs can't know about the plan!" Sirius answered rolling his eyes. "As Lily can't."

"So you're not telling James about this brilliant idea of yours because he's Head-Boy? If so, I'd like to be left in the dark, as I'm a prefect."

"No, of course not, Moony!" Sirius argued. "He and Lily can't know because it's a plan to get them together!"