Begin Again

by Ms-Author01

Harry died.

He died with determination in his eyes and a smile on his lips. He was drunk on power and freedom and love. So much love. Hogwarts cried at the sight.

Harry died.

And he died laughing because before he died, He hadn't even lived.

But after he died, well, he lived once more.

Harry Potter was born on July 31st,1980 to James and Lily Potter. If asked, the nurses would say that he was one of the most attentive and quiet babies they had ever seen, the head doctor would exclaim over the bright green eyes, unlike the blue that babies were normally born with.

His godfather, Sirius Black would grin and claim that he was the baby's favorite, why wouldn't he be, after all the baby had smiled for the first time in his arms. He would also swear that it was because Harry was looking at him through Lily would be quick to remind him that babies don't have a focused vision until they were at least 8 weeks old.

So, it can be said that Harry Potter was a peculiar child but it didn't make those around him love him any less, rather it just made him even more endearing to them.

Harry developed far too quickly than other infants, after all, they had Neville Longbottom who was just one day older for comparison. In the darkest of nights, Lily would whisper into the quiet fears about this being a proof of the dreaded prophesy and James would try to comfort her, all the while wishing that it wasn't true.

Despite all his peculiarities, Harry loved to be cuddled like any other child. Even more so, to be honest. He'd rarely fuss once someone held him in their arms, and putting him down led to sad eyes that were almost unbearable so it wasn't uncommon to see him in someone's arms most of the time. Lilly would reluctantly say they were spoiling him but end up being the first one to pick him up whenever they decided to cut down on the holding.

Sirius was the first to notice that for some inexplicable reason, his godson really really hated Wormtail. Little Harry Potter would allow everyone to hold him except Wormtail. Any attempt would lead to crying like it was no one's business, it was one of the only things Harry fussed over. Wormtail was not allowed near him.

The one and only time Wormtail had held him in his arms was when Harry was three days old and even then the newborn had vomited all over the nervous man. Sirius had made a joke about Harry smelling his fear and even Peter had let out a small laugh.

James kept saying it was a phase and that sooner or later Harry would become okay with him. They all felt bad about him being left out from Harry-cuddling time, even though Peter didn't seem too heartbroken over it.

The day they were waiting for came when Harry was nine months old. James had picked the little kid up from where he was laying belly down on the carpet gurgling at Padfoot who was running circles around him. Harry cupped his dad's face in his hands as he had learned to do recently and very seriously said, "Pada, uh-oh" making James grin. Remus waved at Harry from behind James making the kid giggle.

And when Peter reached out, Harry, for the first time, allowed it. It was quite the historic moment for more reasons than one because as soon as Peters's arms wrapped around him, Harry looked at him right in the eyes and screamed.

Peters hold slipped on Harry as he panicked. Instinctively James lunged forward to catch Harry, thankfully being able to grab him before he could hit the floor. Harry cried with heaving breaths, his screams getting louder. Lilly came running through the kitchen door when in a blast of accidental magic, all of Peters' clothes were ripped away.