9 Months, 333 Days, 7992 Hours

by MyMelo

First Month

Lily was starting to panic slightly. Her period had never been this late before, what was wrong with her? Suddenly, she felt like she was going to be sick again, and ran for the bathroom; it was the third time that week now. Lily thought several options in her head. She didn't think it was the flu; the nausea came in waves, and it wasn't some kind of food poisoning either. Being the clever woman that she was, Lily eventually came to one conclusion.

She was pregnant.

How was she going to tell James? Would he be angry with her? What if he didn't want a baby? Obviously, they hadn't been planning to have a child so soon, with the war going on, but now that she was pregnant, she was going to keep the baby, no matter what James's reaction would be.

"Lily! I'm home!" James's voice came from the living room. Seeing Lily's expression of terror mixed with determination, James came rushing up to her. "Lily? Is something wrong? Were you sick again?"

"Jamesimpregnant", said Lily in a rush.

"What?" said James looking at Lily confused. "Relax Lily; I haven't seen you look this nervous before! Is something wrong?" he repeated again.

Taking a deep breath, Lily looked at James and said, very slowly,

"I'm pregnant."

There was silence, and then…

"REALLY? I'm going to be a dad?" said James, looking absolutely delighted.

Lily looked at James, puzzled, "You're not mad?"

"Mad?" said James looking astonished. "Why would I be mad?"

"I just thought… you know, with the war going on, and the fact that we're so young…" Lily said, trailing off.

James's voice softened. "Of course I'm not mad! This is the greatest thing that could've happened to us!" said James, giving Lily a light kiss on the lips.

Lily smiled for the first time that day. Maybe it wasn't so bad that she was pregnant after all.

_

Second Month

Pregnancy did not turn out to be quite as enjoyable as Lily would've liked. By the second month, the morning sickness had worsened, she tired easily, and cramps were even worse than the monthly ones she used to get. All of their family and friends had been delighted with the news of Lily's pregnancy, especially the parents of the couple, ecstatic that they were going to be grandparents in less than a year.

Sirius, of course was over the moon, and gave a very Peter-like squeal upon hearing the news. He didn't even try to hide the fact he had just made an extremely girlie sound, which goes to show just how happy he was. That or the fact that he might've had a little too much firewhisky to drink that night- Sirius and firewhisky were never a good mix in the first place, especially after a break up. Usually, Sirius was the one who broke up with the girl, but this time, the girl had broken up with him, and the mixed emotions had led to a blubbering Sirius telling "Lilikins and Prongsie how they were going to be the best parents ever", but only if they named their child after him. Yes, even if the baby turned out to be a girl, she would be called Sirius too, and if Lily and James didn't, Sirius would be very, very crushed. Heartbroken in fact, which would be a hundred times as bad as what he was going through now.

Lily knew that she was going to love her baby very much, but as she kneeled over the toilet bowl for the third time that day, she couldn't help wonder why it was necessary for the mother to suffer so much during the pregnancy. Why was it only the mother anyway? The father doesn't even have to do anything! "Stupid James" Lily mumbled to herself. "Where is he anyway?"