Missions, Letters, and Bloody Owls

by Pottergirl101

"Lil's! How's my favorite pregnant girl, eh?" asked a particularly handsome young man whose black, shaggy hair fell casually into his blue eyes.

Lily looked up from her paperwork to see Sirus entering her office. She smiled as he grabbed a chair, flipped it around, and sat down with his chest leaning against the chair's back.

"Favorite, huh? I'm really not quite sure about that. Why, just the other night I'm positive that it wasn't my name that James and I heard when we arrived back at our flat two days ago," Lily answered with a smirk.

She raised an eyebrow and leaned forward so her face was only a few inches from his. If the man in front of her had been anyone other than one of the Marauders, particularly James, she would never have gotten so close in proximity to their face. Sirius knew this, and gave her a devilish smirk, his eyes glinting mischievously.

"In fact," Lily continued. "I do believe you were screaming the name 'Dana'."

Sirius yawned and lengthened the space between their faces by leaning back in his chair. "Yes, well I believe that if James heard me yelling 'Lily, you're the best!' in derision that I would probably be a pretty pile of droppings in the sewers by now."

"Well, tut, tut. So Dana is your favorite person," Lily clarified.

Sirius gave her a look that clearly said 'Are you kidding me?'. "Nah, I'm with Aubrey now. She's much better than Dana."

Lily held up her hands in mock defeat. "You move too fast, Sirius Dear. But, I agree. If James found you saying that, you would be three feet below the Earth by now."

"If I found Sirius saying what?"came a sudden voice.

Lily and Sirus turned to see James leaning against the doorway of Lily's office. He had a yellow assignment folder in his arms and his wand was hanging lopsided in it's holster which was carelessly tied to one of the belt loops of his cropped jeans. A grin graced his handsome features.

"Oh, nothing." said Sirius in a tone that suggested he could care less. "Lily was just saying that you would kill me if you found her wooing me in the bedroom."

James snorted and ruffled his hair. "Damn straight I would!" He strode over to Lily's desk and effortlessly plucked her from her chair, sat down, and replaced her in his lap. "This little minx is for my eyes and pleasure only."

"Oh, really?" asked Lily, leaning up and kissing him softly. "Then I guess you don't want to hear how naughty Sirius is when you aren't available." She shot Sirius a smile and lowered her voice. "Because you know what they say . . . huge hands, huge– "

"OKAY!" James shouted in a strangled voice amongst Sirius's laughter. "I do NOT want to hear about that from my wife! I mean, Merlin! It's a good thing the baby can't hear anything when it's inside Lily." He glared playfully at his best mate and put an arm around Lily. "You have been spending way too much time with my girl, Black."

"Yes, well," Sirius paused, the corners of his mouth twitching. "Can you blame her?"

James rolled his eyes, retrieving his wand from it's holder. "Out, Padfoot!" He waved his wand in a mock menacing way. "Give me some alone time with Lils, here."

Sirius held up his hands in defense and stood up, stretching annoyingly slow. With a dramatic, fake sigh, he said, "Oh, fine. I shall retire. But remember, Prongsie. My hands are bigger than yours . . ."

"Close the door on the way out, you ol' dog!" James laughed as his friend closed the door with a snap. He glanced down at Lily who gazed up at him in an amused way. "Hello, Lady Lily."