A Trip in Time

by Procrastinator123

Harry barely noticed the walk back from Hogsmeade. His ears were still ringing with the conversation he'd overheard. His parents had been betrayed by someone who was meant to be their best friend. Anger like he'd never felt before coursed through his veins. For the first time since the year started, he wanted Black to find him, so he could kill the man himself! It was his fault that Harry had grown up with the Dursleys, and not had parents!

The young Gryffindor sped through the tunnel back to Hogwarts, not quite remembering how he'd made it back into the Honeyduke's cellar, when he felt a jolt just behind his naval. Then Harry was spinning, faster and faster, feeling a strong nauseating sensation, before he was deposited somewhere else. The boy stumbled and collapsed on the ground, unable to keep his footing.

Breathing hard, Harry picked himself up. Everything was bright and clean…but it was King's Cross station, of that he was certain. Only, it was empty. Harry had never seen the station empty in his life. He looked around, wondering what he was supposed to do now. For most people, this would be very odd, but for the young wizard, odd things happening was completely normal. Nevertheless, it was concerning to be alone in this place. The shock had halted the lad's temper, but it was being replaced quickly by trepidation.

Harry started walking in no particular direction, hoping that an escape from this place would happen upon him, or him upon it, before anything bad happened.

After what felt like forever, Harry grew tired of walking. He never seemed to get anywhere. He was on a platform, but it was endless! Just equally spaced benches and a never ending yellow line stretching into eternity. The boy flopped onto one of these benches, trying not to panic.

Glancing back the way he'd came, Harry spotted a figure walking towards him. He stood up, nervous. He had plenty of enemies, and this was a strange place with no one else around. It would be foolish to blindly trust this stranger.

However, the stranger didn't look threatening. It was a girl, delicate looking, and a few years younger than Harry. Perhaps a 1st year? Still, the boy took his wand out. Looks could be deceiving. After all, magic didn't require physical strength. The girl stopped walking when she got within a few feet of Harry, appearing to examine him. Then she smiled.

"Hello Harry," she said, her voice soft and pleasant.

"Who are you?" Harry asked, not bothering to ask how she knew his name. "And where am I?"

"My name isn't important," she replied, seeming amused. "As for where we are…I believe you would call it limbo." She smiled prettily, even as Harry's eyes widened in shock.

"Limbo?" he asked, feeling alarmed. "You mean I'm dead? How?"

The girl merely laughed, shaking her head.
"You're not dead Harry," she told him. "I brought you here."

All thoughts that the girl appeared harmless left Harry's head immediately. Clearly she was more dangerous than she appeared if she'd brought him to a realm of the dead!

"What do you want from me?" he demanded, starting to feel scared, though he'd be damned if he showed it.

Again, the girl just shook her head.

"Nothing," she answered. "In all honesty, I'm doing you a favour." She considered him again, and Harry found himself at a loss for words. This was a very strange thing to be happening.

"I can offer you the chance to meet your parents," she told him, looking sad, but also hopeful.

Harry started, staring at her with a mix of mistrust and longing on his features. Meet his parents? That was all he'd ever wanted for as long as he could remember! He had no memories of them, save for his mother's screams when he came near the Dementors.